Strong convergence of estimators in nonlinear autoregressive models
AbstractIn the paper we prove rates of strong convergence of M-estimators for the parameters in a general nonlinear autoregressive model. In the proofs we utilize a variational principle from stochastic optimization theory which was proved by Shapiro (Ann. Oper. Res. 30 (1991) 169). The application of the general theory is illustrated in the case of continuous threshold models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 84 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Liebscher E., 2001. "Estimation Of The Density And The Regression Function Under Mixing Conditions," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 19(1), pages 9-26, January.
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1995. "Nonparametric Estimation and Identification of Nonlinear ARCH Time Series Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality: Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 258-289, February.
- Liese, F. & Vajda, I., 1994. "Consistency of M-Estimates in General Regression Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 93-114, July.
- Huang, Sun Young & Basawa, I. V., 1994. "Large sample inference based on multiple observations from nonlinear autoregressive processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 127-140, January.
- Arcones, Miguel A., 1994. "Some strong limit theorems for M-estimators," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 241-268, October.
- Potscher, Benedikt M. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 1986. "A class of partially adaptive one-step m-estimators for the non-linear regression model with dependent observations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 219-251, July.
- Jonathan Hill, 2006. "Asymptotically Nuisance-Parameter-Free Consistent Tests of Lp-Functional Form," Working Papers 0608, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.