Changes in the Sources of Modern Economic Growth: Japan Compared with the United States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of the Japanese and International Economies.
Volume (Year): 13 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1989.
"Industrialization and the Big Push,"
3606235, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1993. "The Search for the Sources of Growth: Areas of Ignorance, Old and New," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(02), pages 217-243, June.
- Yamamura, Eiji & Shin, Inyong, 2008. "The benefit of efficiency improvement on growth and convergence: A study using Japan panel data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 209-211, April.
- Katzner, Donald W., 2001. "Explaining the Japanese economic miracle," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 303-319, August.
- Sonobe, Tetsushi & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2001. "A new decomposition approach to growth accounting: derivation of the formula and its application to prewar Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Fumio Hayashi & Edward C. Prescott, 2008.
"The Depressing Effect of Agricultural Institutions on the Prewar Japanese Economy,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(4), pages 573-632, 08.
- Fumio Hayashi & Edward C. Prescott, 2006. "The Depressing Effect of Agricultural Institutions on the Prewar Japanese Economy," NBER Working Papers 12081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiro Kuwahara, 2013. "Dynamical analysis of the R&D-based growth model with a regime switch," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 108(1), pages 35-57, January.
- Han, Gaofeng & Kalirajan, Kaliappa & Singh, Nirvikar, 2003.
"Productivity, Efficiency and Economic Growth: East Asia and the Rest of the World,"
Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series
qt16z7s028, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Han, Gaofeng & Kalirajan, Kaliappa & Singh, Nirvikar, 2003. "Productivity, Efficiency and Economic Growth: East Asia and the Rest of the World," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt16z7s028, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Han, Gaofeng & Kalirajan, Kaliappa P & Singh, Nirvikar, 2003. "Productivity, Efficiency and Economic Growth: East Asia and the Rest of the World," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt6cb2f4k9, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Shuhei Aoki & Julen Esteban-Pretel & Tetsuji Okazaki & Yasuyuki Sawada, 2009. "The Role of the Government in Facilitating TFP Growth during Japan's Rapid Growth Era," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-622, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Han, Gaofeng & Kalirajan, Kaliappa & Singh, Nirvikar, 2002. "Productivity and economic growth in East Asia: innovation, efficiency and accumulation," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 401-424, December.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2013. "An international assessment of energy security performance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 148-158.
- Mehl, Arnaud, 2000. "Unit root tests with double trend breaks and the 1990s recession in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 363-379, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.