Consumer durables, permanent terms of trade shocks, and the recent US trade deficits
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 15 (1996)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baxter, M., 1992. "Are Consumer Durables Important for Business Cycles," RCER Working Papers 342, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1981. "The Current Account and macroeconomic Adjustment in the 1970s," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 12(1), pages 201-282.
- Kollmann, R., 1993. "Fiscal Policy, Technology Shcks and the US Trade Balance Deficit," Cahiers de recherche 9313, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Serven, Luis, 1999.
"Terms-of-trade shocks and optimal investment: another look at the Laursen-Metzler effect,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 337-365.
- Serven, Luis, 1995. "Terms-of-trade shocks and optimal investment : another look at the Laursen-Metzler effect," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1424, The World Bank.
- Charles Engel & Jian Wang, 2008.
"International Trade in Durable Goods: Understanding Volatility, Cyclicality, and Elasticities,"
NBER Working Papers
13814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, Charles & Wang, Jian, 2011. "International trade in durable goods: Understanding volatility, cyclicality, and elasticities," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 37-52, January.
- Jian Wang & Charles Engel, 2008. "International Trade in Durable Goods: Understanding Volatility, Cyclicality, and Elasticities," 2008 Meeting Papers 210, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Blankenau, William & Ayhan Kose, M. & Yi, Kei-Mu, 2001.
"Can world real interest rates explain business cycles in a small open economy?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6-7), pages 867-889, June.
- William Blankenau & M. Ayhan Kose & Kei-Mu Yi, 1999. "Can world real interest rates explain business cycles in a small open economy?," Staff Reports 94, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.