Contracts for health care and asymmetric information
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2000)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dranove, David & White, William D, 1994. "Recent Theory and Evidence on Competition in Hospital Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 169-209, Spring.
- Fenn, Paul & Rickman, Neil & McGuire, Alistair, 1994. "Contracts and supply assurance in the UK health care market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 125-144, July.
- Ma, Ching-to Albert, 1994.
"Health Care Payment Systems: Cost and Quality Incentives,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 93-112, Spring.
- Ching-to Albert Ma, 1994. "Health Care Payment Systems: Cost and Quality Incentives," Papers 0047, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Baron, David P & Myerson, Roger B, 1982.
"Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 911-30, July.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1990. "Optimal payment systems for health services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 375-396, December.
- Jean Tirole & Jean-Jaques Laffont, 1985.
"Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms,"
368, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gal-Or, Esther, 1994. "Excessive Investment in Hospital Capacities," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 53-70, Spring.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1996. "Policy Watch: Medicare," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 159-167, Summer.
- Kuhn, Michael & Siciliani, Luigi, 2007. "Performance Indicators for Quality with Adverse Selection, Gaming and Inequality Aversion," CEPR Discussion Papers 6261, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Siciliani, Luigi, 2006. "Selection of treatment under prospective payment systems in the hospital sector," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 479-499, May.
- Siciliani, Luigi, 2007.
"Paying for Performance with Altruistic or Motivated Providers,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6452, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Siciliani, 2007. "Paying for performance with altruistic or motivated providers," Discussion Papers 07/33, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Roberto Cellini & Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume, 2008.
"Competition and quality in regulated markets: a differential-game approach,"
NIPE Working Papers
08/2008, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Roberto Cellini & Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume, 2008. "Competition and quality in regulated markets: a differential-game approach," Discussion Papers 08/05, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Brekke, Kurt Richard & Cellini, Roberto & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune, 2008. "Competition and Quality in Regulated Markets: a Differential-Game Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 6801, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Galizzi, Matteo M. & Miraldo, Marisa, 2011. "The effects of hospitals' governance on optimal contracts: Bargaining vs. contracting," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 408-424, March.
- Schneider, Udo & Zerth, Jürgen, 2008. "Improving prevention compliance through appropriate incentives," MPRA Paper 8280, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Cellini, Roberto & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune, 2010. "Competition and quality in health care markets: A differential-game approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 508-523, July.
- Udo Schneider, 2005. "Asymmetric Information and Outcome-based Compensation in Health Care – Theoretical Implications," HEW 0501006, EconWPA.
- Luigi Siciliani & Anderson Stanciole, 2013.
"Bargaining and the provision of health services,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 391-406, June.
- Marisa Miraldo & Luigi Siciliani & Andrew Street, 2008.
"Price Adjustment in the Hospital Sector,"
041cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Kuhn, Michael & Siciliani, Luigi, 2008. "Upcoding and Optimal Auditing in Health Care (or The economics of DRG creep)," CEPR Discussion Papers 6689, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bos, Dieter & De Fraja, Gianni, 2002. "Quality and outside capacity in the provision of health services," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 199-218, May.
- Elin Johanna Gudrun Hafsteinsdottir & Luigi Siciliani, 2010.
"DRG prospective payment systems: refine or not refine?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(10), pages 1226-1239.
- Luigi Siciliani & Elín J. G. Hafsteinsdóttir, 2008. "DRG prospective payment system: refine or not refine?," Discussion Papers 08/29, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Dalen, Dag Morten & Moen, Espen R & Riis, Christian, 2009. "Designing Competition in Health Care Markets," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2001:3, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Mougeot, Michel & Naegelen, Florence, 2009. "Asymmetric information and pooling contracts in hospital sector," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5993, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.