Managerial performance and the cross-sectional pricing of closed-end funds
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Other versions of this item:
- J.B. Chay & Charles Trzcinka, 1997. "Managerial Performance and the Cross-Sectional Pricing of Closed-End Funds," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 96-20, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J & Blake, Christopher R, 1996. "Survivorship Bias and Mutual Fund Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(4), pages 1097-1120.
- Blake, Christopher R & Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1993. "The Performance of Bond Mutual Funds," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(3), pages 370-403, July.
- Ferson, Wayne E & Schadt, Rudi W, 1996. " Measuring Fund Strategy and Performance in Changing Economic Conditions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 425-61, June.
- Brown, Stephen J, et al, 1992. "Survivorship Bias in Performance Studies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 553-80.
- Barclay, M.J. & Holderness, C.G. & Pontiff, J., 1991.
"Private Benefits form Block Ownership and Discounts on Closed-end Funds,"
91-01, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Holderness, Clifford G. & Pontiff, Jeffrey, 1993. "Private benefits from block ownership and discounts on closed-end funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 263-291, June.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Michael C. Jensen, 1968. "The Performance Of Mutual Funds In The Period 1945–1964," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 389-416, 05.
- Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1980. " An Empirical Investigation of the Arbitrage Pricing Theory," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(5), pages 1073-1103, December.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J & Blake, Christopher R, 1996. "The Persistence of Risk-Adjusted Mutual Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(2), pages 133-57, April.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-36, May-June.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Roenfeldt, Rodney L. & Tuttle, Donald L., 1973. "An examination of the discounts and premiums of closed-end investment companies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 129-140.
- Michael N. Baur & Omar Benkato & Socorro M. Quintero, 2003. "The Influence Of Illiquid Assets On Prices," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 34(1), pages 51-62.
- Kim, Youngsoo & Lee, Bong Soo, 2007. "Limited participation and the closed-end fund discount," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 381-399, February.
- Nai Jia Lee & Tien Foo Sing & Dinh Hoang Tran, 2013. "REIT Share Price and NAV Deviations: Noise or Sentiment?," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 16(1), pages 28-47.
- Kim, Doseong & Kim, Yura & Song, Kyojik Roy, 2013. "Payout policies on U.S. closed-end funds," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 345-356.
- Johnson, Shane A. & Lin, Ji-Chai & Roy Song, Kyojik, 2006. "Dividend policy, signaling, and discounts on closed-end funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 539-562, September.
- Flynn, Sean M., 2005. "Noise-trader Risk: Does it Deter Arbitrage, and Is it Priced?," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 69, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Lahr, Henry & Kaserer, Christoph, 2009. "Net asset value discounts in listed private equity funds," CEFS Working Paper Series 2009-12, Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS), Technische Universität München.
- Tarun Ramadorai, 2012.
"The Secondary Market for Hedge Funds and the Closed Hedge Fund Premium,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 67(2), pages 479-512, 04.
- Ramadorai, Tarun, 2008. "The Secondary Market for Hedge Funds and the Closed-Hedge Fund Premium," CEPR Discussion Papers 6877, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Korkie, Bob & Nakamura, Mansao & Turtle, Harry J., 2001. "A contingent claim analysis of closed-end fund premia," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 365-394.
- William M. Gentry & Charles M. Jones & Christopher J. Mayer, 2004. "Do Stock Prices Really Reflect Fundamental Values? The Case of REITs," NBER Working Papers 10850, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Berk & Richard Stanton, 2004. "A Rational Model of the Closed-End Fund Discount," NBER Working Papers 10412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jay Wang, Z. & Nanda, Vikram, 2011. "Payout policies and closed-end fund discounts: Signaling, agency costs, and the role of institutional investors," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 589-619, October.
- Mark Salmon & Soosung Hwang & Gordon Gemmill, 2005.
"Performance Measurement with Loss Aversion,"
wp05-08, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Soosung Hwang & Gordon Gemmill & Mark Salmon, 2005. "Performance Measurement with Loss Aversion," Working Papers wp05-16, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Gemmill, Gordon T & Hwang, Soosung & Salmon, Mark, 2005. "Performance Measurement with Loss Aversion," CEPR Discussion Papers 5173, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wu, Youchang & Wermers, Russ & Zechner, Josef, 2012. "Governance and shareholder value in delegated portfolio management: The case of closed-end funds," CFR Working Papers 12-11, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Dylan Thomas & Gordon Gemmill, 2002. "Noise Training, Costly Arbitrage and Asset Prices: evidence from closed-end funds," Working Papers wp02-09, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Michael Bleaney & R. Todd Smith, 2010. "Is prior performance priced through closed-end fund discounts?," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 153-164.
- Wermers, Russ & Wu, Youchang & Zechner, Josef, 2006. "Portfolio performance, discount dynamics, and the turnover of closed-end fund managers," CFR Working Papers 06-12, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.