The Context for Substitutes in CVM Studies: Some Empirical Observations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 29 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laura O. Taylor & Ronald G. Cummings, 1999. "Unbiased Value Estimates for Environmental Goods: A Cheap Talk Design for the Contingent Valuation Method," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 649-665, June.
- David Aadland & Arthur Caplan, 2002.
"Cheap Talk Reconsidered: New Evidence from CVM,"
2002-20, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Kjartan Sælensminde, 2002. "The Impact of Choice Inconsistencies in Stated Choice Studies," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 23(4), pages 403-420, December.
- Ladenburg, Jacob & Olsen, Søren Bøye, 2008. "Gender-specific starting point bias in choice experiments: Evidence from an empirical study," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 275-285, November.
- Atakelty Hailu & Wiktor Adamowicz & Peter Boxall, 2000. "Complements, Substitutes, Budget Constraints and Valuation," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 16(1), pages 51-68, May.
- Rolfe, John & Bennett, Jeff, 2002. "Assessing Rainforest Conservation Demands," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 32(2), pages 51-67, June Spec.
- Aadland, David & Caplan, Arthur J., 2003.
"Cheap Talk Revisited: New Evidence From Cvm,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
22112, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Ojea, Elena, 2008. "Valuing local endangered species: The role of intra-species substitutes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 362-369, December.
- Rolfe, John & Bennett, Jeffrey W. & Louviere, Jordan, 2002. "Stated values and reminders of substitute goods: Testing for framing effects with choice modelling," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(1), March.
- Eva Camacho-Cuena & Aurora García-Gallego & Nikolaos Georgantzís & Gerardo Sabater-Grande, 2004. "An Experimental Validation of Hypothetical WTP for a Recyclable Product," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(3), pages 313-335, March.
- Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Lundhede, Thomas Hedemark & Martinsen, Louise & Hasler, Berit & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark, 2011. "Embedding effects in choice experiment valuations of environmental preservation projects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 1170-1177, April.
- Morrison, Mark & Blamey, Russell K. & Mallawaarachchi, Thilak, 2001. "Ethical Design of Stated Preference Questionnaires: Results from a Split-Sample Test," 2001 Conference (45th), January 23-25, 2001, Adelaide 125758, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- David Aadland & Arthur Caplan & Owen Phillips, 2007. "A Bayesian examination of information and uncertainty in contingent valuation," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 149-178, October.
- Saelensminde, Kjartan, 2006. "Causes and consequences of lexicographic choices in stated choice studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 331-340, September.
- Aadland, David & Caplan, Arthur J., 2005. "A Bayesian Examination of Anchoring Bias and Cheap Talks in Constructed Markets," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19568, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ana Bedate & Luis Herrero & José Sanz, 2009. "Economic valuation of a contemporary art museum: correction of hypothetical bias using a certainty question," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 185-199, August.
- David Bjornstad & Ronald Cummings & Laura Osborne, 1997. "A Learning Design for Reducing Hypothetical Bias in the Contingent Valuation Method," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(3), pages 207-221, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.