Determinants of Japanese corporate pension coverage
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 54 (2002)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ippolito, Richard A, 1985. "The Economic Function of Underfunded Pension Plans," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 611-51, October.
- Frankfurter, George M. & Hill, Joanne M., 1981. "A Normative Approach to Pension Fund Management," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 533-555, November.
- Fowler, David J. & Rumsey, John, 1994. "Why are some pension plans partially funded?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 207-213, August.
- Tepper, Irwin, 1981. "Taxation and Corporate Pension Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Alderson, Michael J. & Lee, Cheng F., 1988. "Corporate pension policy and capital structure decisions," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 209-228, August.
- Ippolito, Richard A, 1985. "The Labor Contract and True Economic Pension Liabilities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1031-43, December.
- Steven G. Allen & Robert L. Clark & Ann A. McDermed, 1993. "Pensions, Bonding, and Lifetime Jobs," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(3), pages 463-481.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-79, June.
- Martin Feldstein & Stephanie Seligman, 1980.
"Pension Funding, Share Prices, and National Saving,"
NBER Working Papers
0509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin & Seligman, Stephanie, 1981. "Pension Funding, Share Prices, and National Savings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 801-24, September.
- Cherkes, Martin & Yaari, Uzi, 1988. "Unions, default risk, and pension underfunding," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 239-242, August.
- Irwin Tepper, 1981. "Taxation and Corporate Pension Policy," NBER Working Papers 0661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis, Jere R. & Reiter, Sara Ann, 1987. "Determinants of corporate pension funding strategy," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 35-59, April.
- Ang, James & Lai, Tsong-Yue, 1988. "On optimal pension funding policy," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 229-238, August.
- Gersovitz, Mark, 1982. "Economic consequences of unfunded vested pension benefits," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 171-186, November.
- Bicksler, James L, 1985. " The Integration of Insurance and Taxes in Corporate Pension Strategy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 943-55, July.
- Thomas, Jacob K., 1989. "Why do firms terminate their overfunded pension plans?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 361-398, November.
- Chen, Yueh H. & Lin, Winston T., 1992. "Pension benefits effects on capital market equilibrium, firm value, and financing decisions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-25, August.
- Oldfield, George S, Jr, 1977. "Financial Aspects of the Private Pension System," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 48-54, February.
- Tepper, Irwin & Affleck, A R P, 1974. "Pension Plan Liabilities and Corporate Financial Strategies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(5), pages 1549-64, December.
- Kazuo Yoshida & Yutaka Horiba, 2012. "Determinants of Defined-Contribution Japanese Corporate Pension Coverage," The Japanese Accounting Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 2, pages 33-47, December.
- Kathrin Dummann, 2007. "What Determines the Demand for Occupational Pensions in Germany?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 67, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.