Why do firms terminate their overfunded pension plans?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (1989)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph, George & Lipka, Roland, 2006. "Distressed firms and the secular deterioration in usefulness of accounting information," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 295-303, February.
- Datta, Sudip & Iskandar-Datta, Mai E. & Zychowicz, Edward J., 1995. "Pension plan terminations, excess asset reversions and securityholder wealth," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 245-259, May.
- Horiba, Yutaka & Yoshida, Kazuo, 2002. "Determinants of Japanese corporate pension coverage," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(5), pages 537-555.
- Lila J. Truett & Dale B.Truett, . "Firm Size and Efficiency in the South African Motor Vehicle Industry," Working Papers 0021, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Shackelford, Douglas A. & Shevlin, Terry, 2001. "Empirical tax research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 321-387, September.
- Atanasova, Christina & Hrazdil, Karel, 2010. "Why do healthy firms freeze their defined-benefit pension plans?," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 293-303.
- Clinch, Greg & Shibano, Toshi, 1996. "Differential tax benefits and the pension reversion decision," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 69-106, February.
- Kazuo Yoshida & Yutaka Horiba, 2012. "Determinants of Defined-Contribution Japanese Corporate Pension Coverage," The Japanese Accounting Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 2, pages 33-47, December.
- Comprix, Joseph & Muller III, Karl A., 2011. "Pension plan accounting estimates and the freezing of defined benefit pension plans," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 115-133, February.
- Trezevant, Robert, 1994. "How Did Firms Adjust Their Tax-Deductible Activities in Response to the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 47(2), pages 253-71, June Cita.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.