Market discipline prior to bank failure
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 53 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2-3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronn, Ehud I. & Verma, Avinash K., 1987. "A multi-attribute comparative evaluation of relative risk for a sample of banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 499-523, September.
- Joseph G. Haubrich, 1998. "Subordinated debt: tough love for banks?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Dec.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies, 1994.
"The information content of bank examinations,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
94-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David G. Mayes & Hanno Stremmel, 2014.
"The Effectiveness of Capital Adequacy Measures in Predicting Bank Distress,"
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2014/1.
- David G. Mayes & Hanno Stremmel, 2014. "The Effectiveness of Capital Adequacy Measures in Predicting Bank Distress," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Pierluigi Bologna, 2011.
"Is There a Role for Funding in Explaining Recent U.S. Banks' Failures?,"
IMF Working Papers
11/180, International Monetary Fund.
- Pierluigi Bologna, 2011. "Is there a role for funding in explaining recent US bank failures?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 103, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Yuliang Wu & Michael Bowe, 2010. "Information Disclosure, Market Discipline and the Management of Bank Capital: Evidence from the Chinese Financial Sector," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 159-186, December.
- Jérôme Coffinet & Adrian Pop & Muriel Tiesset, 2010.
"Predicting Financial Distress in a High-Stress Financial World: The Role of Option Prices as Bank Risk Metrics,"
- Coffinet, J. & Pop, A. & Tiesset, M., 2010. "Predicting Financial Distress in a High-Stress Financial World: The Role of Option Prices as Bank Risk Metrics," Working papers 311, Banque de France.
- Betz, Frank & Oprica, Silviu & Peltonen, Tuomas A. & Sarlin, Peter, 2013. "Predicting distress in European banks," Working Paper Series 1597, European Central Bank.
- Abhiman Das & Saibal Ghosh, 2004. "Market Discipline In The Indian Banking Sector: An Empirical Exploration," Finance 0410020, EconWPA.
- Cole, Rebel A. & Wu, Qiongbing, 2009. "Is hazard or probit more accurate in predicting financial distress? Evidence from U.S. bank failures," MPRA Paper 24688, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2010.
- Ghosh, Saibal & Das, Abhiman, 2006. "Depositor discipline in Indian banking: Separating facts from folklore," MPRA Paper 17427, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evanoff, Douglas D. & Jagtiani, Julapa A. & Nakata, Taisuke, 2011.
"Enhancing market discipline in banking: The role of subordinated debt in financial regulatory reform,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Evanoff, Douglas D. & Jagtiani, Julapa A. & Nakata, Taisuke, 2011. "Enhancing market discipline in banking: The role of subordinated debt in financial regulatory reform," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 1-22.
- Jérôme Coffinet & Adrian Pop & Muriel Tiesset, 2013. "Monitoring Financial Distress in a High-Stress Financial World: The Role of Option Prices as Bank Risk Metrics," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 229-257, December.
- Herring, Richard J., 2004. "The subordinated debt alternative to Basel II," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 137-155, December.
- Jiranyakul, Komain & Opiela, Timothy, 2014. "Market Discipline at Thai Banks before the Asian Crisis," MPRA Paper 54492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhang, Zhichao & Song, Wei & Sun, Xin & Shi, Nan, 2014. "Subordinated debt as instrument of market discipline: Risk sensitivity of sub-debt yield spreads in UK banking," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1-21.
- Pop, Adrian & Pop, Diana, 2009. "Requiem for market discipline and the specter of TBTF in Japanese banking," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1429-1459, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.