The Impact of Out-of-State Entry on the Cost Efficiency of Local Commercial Banks
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 50 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Susan McLaughlin, 1995. "The impact of interstate banking and branching reform: evidence from the states," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 1(May).
- Allen Berger & John Leusner & John Mingo, 1994.
"The Efficiency of Bank Branches,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
94-27, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Paul S. Calem & Leonard I. Nakamura, 1995. "Branch banking and the geography of bank pricing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 1995.
"Problem Loans and Cost Efficiency in Commercial Banks,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
96-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Berger, Allen N. & DeYoung, Robert, 1997. "Problem loans and cost efficiency in commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 849-870, June.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 1997. "Problem loans and cost efficiency in commercial banks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-8, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Elizabeth S. Laderman & Randall J. Pozdena, 1991. "Interstate banking and competition: evidence from the behavior of stock returns," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 32-47.
- Rhoades, Stephen A. & Rutz, Roger D., 1982. "The impact of bank holding companies on local market rivalry and performance," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 355-365.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Marlow, Michael L., 1982. "Bank structure and mortgage rates: Implications for interstate banking," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 135-142.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Donald T. Savage, 1993. "Interstate banking: a status report," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Dec, pages 1075-1089.
- Hughes, Joseph P, et al, 1996.
"Efficient Banking under Interstate Branching,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 1045-71, November.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Choon-Geol Moon, 1997. "Efficient Banking Under Interstate Branching," Departmental Working Papers 199609, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester & Choon-Geol Moon, 1996. "Efficient banking under interstate branching," Working Papers 96-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Rose, Peter S, 1996. "The Diversification and Cost Effects of Interstate Banking," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 431-52, May.
- McAllister, Patrick H. & McManus, Douglas, 1993. "Resolving the scale efficiency puzzle in banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 389-405, April.
- Paul W. Bauer & Brian A. Cromwell, 1989. "The effect of bank structure and profitability on firm openings," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 29-39.
- Jeffery W. Gunther, 1997. "Geographic liberalization and the accessibility of banking services in rural areas," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
- Mitchell, Karlyn & Onvural, Nur M, 1996. "Economies of Scale and Scope at Large Commercial Banks: Evidence from the Fourier Flexible Functional Form," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 178-99, May.
- Philip E. Strahan & James Weston, 1996. "Small business lending and bank consolidation: is there cause for concern?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 2(Mar).
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.