Cost economies in EU banking systems
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 48 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allen N. Berger & Gerald A. Hanweck & David B. Humphrey, 1986.
"Competitive viability in banking: scale, scope, and product mix economies,"
Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics
82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & Hanweck, Gerald A. & Humphrey, David B., 1987. "Competitive viability in banking : Scale, scope, and product mix economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 501-520, December.
- Barten, A. P., 1969. "Maximum likelihood estimation of a complete system of demand equations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 7-73.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Hunter, William C & Timme, Stephen G & Yang, Won Keun, 1990. "An Examination of Cost Subadditivity and Multiproduct Production in Large U.S. Banks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(4), pages 504-25, November.
- Gilbert, R Alton, 1984. "Bank Market Structure and Competition: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 617-44, November.
- Roller, Lars-Hendrik, 1990. "Proper Quadratic Cost Functions with an Application to the Bell System," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 202-10, May.
- Lang, Gunter & Welzel, Peter, 1996. "Efficiency and technical progress in banking Empirical results for a panel of German cooperative banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1003-1023, July.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-76, August.
- Pulley, Lawrence B & Humphrey, David B, 1993. "The Role of Fixed Costs and Cost Complementarities in Determining Scope Economies and the Cost of Narrow Banking Proposals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(3), pages 437-62, July.
- Gilligan, Thomas & Smirlock, Michael & Marshall, William, 1984. "Scale and scope economies in the multi-product banking firm," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 393-405, May.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1988.
"A revenue-restricted cost study of 100 large banks,"
8806, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1992. "A revenue-restricted cost study of 100 large banks," Working Papers 92-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Noulas, Athanasios G & Ray, Subhash C & Miller, Stephen M, 1990. "Returns to Scale and Input Substitution for Large U.S. Banks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(1), pages 94-108, February.
- Robert M. Adams & Lars-Hendrik Roller & Robin C. Sickles, 2002.
"Market power in outputs and inputs: an empirical application to banking,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2002-52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert M. Adams & Lars-Hendrik Röller & Robin C. Sickles, 2002. "Market Power in Outputs and Inputs: An Empirical Application to Banking," CIG Working Papers FS IV 02-33, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2003.
"Can Mergers in Europe Help Banks Hedge Against Macroeconomic Risk,"
Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center
2003-05, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg (France).
- Pierre-Guillaume Meon & Laurent Weill, 2005. "Can mergers in Europe help banks hedge against macroeconomic risk?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 315-326.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2005. "Can mergers in Europe help banks hedge against macroeconomic risk?," DULBEA Working Papers in, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2005. "Can mergers in Europe help banks hedge against macroeconomic risk?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8370, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Peter Egger & Franz R. Hahn, 2006. "Endogenous Bank Mergers and Their Impact on Banking Performance," WIFO Working Papers 271, WIFO.
- Matthews, Kent & Xiao, Zhiguo & Zhang, Xu, 2009.
"Rational Cost Inefficiency in Chinese Banks,"
Cardiff Economics Working Papers
E2009/13, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Robert M. Adams & Lars-Hendrik Roeller & Robin C. Sickles, 2000. "Measuring Market Power in Input and Output Markets: An Empirical Application to Banking," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1466, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.