Political manipulation of a public firm's objective function
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 49 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barros, Fatima, 1995. "Incentive schemes as strategic variables: An application to a mixed duopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 373-386, September.
- Fatima BARROS, 1994. "Delegation and Efficiency in a Mixed Oligopoly," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 33, pages 51-72.
- Chaim Fershtman & Kenneth L Judd, 1984.
"Equilibrium Incentives in Oligopoly,"
642, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lorenz NETT, 1993. "Mixed Oligopoly With Homogeneous Goods," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 367-393, 07.
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1989. "Alternative Strategies of a Public Enterprise in Oligopoly," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 302-11, April.
- White, Mark D., 2001. "Managerial incentives and the decision to hire managers in markets with public and private firms," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 877-896, November.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309.
- Michael L. Katz, 1991.
"Game-Playing Agents: Unobservable Contracts as Precommitments,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(3), pages 307-328, Autumn.
- Michael L. Katz., 1991. "Game-Playing Agents: Unobservable Contracts as Precommitments," Economics Working Papers 91-172, University of California at Berkeley.
- Katz, Michael L., 1991. "Game-Playing Agents: Unobservable Contracts as Precommitments," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt79b870w0, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Levy, Brian, 1987. "A theory of public enterprise behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 75-96, March.
- John Vickers & George Yarrow, 1988. "Privatization: An Economic Analysis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262720116, December.
- Zhuang, Juzhong & Xu, Chenggang, 1996. " Profit-Sharing and Financial Performance in the Chinese State Enterprises: Evidence from Panel Data," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 205-22.
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1990. " Game Theoretic Models of Mixed Oligopoly," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17.
- Philippe De Donder & John E. Roemer, 2006.
"Mised Oligopoly Equilibria When Firms' Objectives Are Endogenous,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1581, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- De Donder, Philippe & Roemer, John E., 2009. "Mixed oligopoly equilibria when firms' objectives are endogenous," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 414-423, May.
- Philippe De Donder & John E. Roemer, 2006. "Mixed Oligopoly Equilibria When Firms' Objectives Are Endogenous," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000436, UCLA Department of Economics.
- De Donder, Philippe & Roemer, John E, 2006. "Mixed Oligopoly Equilibria When Firms' Objectives Are Endogenous," CEPR Discussion Papers 5900, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Donder, Philippe & Roemer, John, 2006. "Mixed Oligopoly Equilibria when Firms' Objectives are Endogenous," IDEI Working Papers 414, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Scrimitore, Marcella, 2011. "Profitability in Cournot and Bertrand Mixed Markets under Endogenous Objectives," MPRA Paper 35643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Dupéré, Marc & Roland, Michel, 2003.
"International Competition between Public or Mixed Enterprises,"
Cahiers de recherche
0301, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Dupéré, Marc & Roland, Michel, 2003. "International Competition Between Public or Mixed Enterprises," Cahiers de recherche 0301, GREEN.
- Annika Herr, 2011.
"Quality and Welfare in a Mixed Duopoly with Regulated Prices: The Case of a Public and a Private Hospital,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(4), pages 422-437, November.
- Herr, Annika, 2010. "Quality and welfare in a mixed duopoly with regulated prices: The case of a public and a private hospital," DICE Discussion Papers 07, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Juan Bárcena Ruiz & F. Casado-Izaga & Hamid Hamoudi, 2014. "Optimal zoning of a mixed duopoly," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 141-153, January.
- Vasileios Zikos, 2010.
"R&D Collaboration Networks in Mixed Oligopoly,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 189-212, July.
- Dong, Quan & Bárcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos, 2014. "Corruption and decisions on opening up markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 23-29.
- Bárcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos, 2012. "Privatization when the public firm is as efficient as private firms," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1019-1023.
- Arup Bose & Barnali Gupta, 2013. "Mixed markets in bilateral monopoly," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 110(2), pages 141-164, October.
- Hsu, Su-Ying & Lo, Chu-Ping & Wu, Shih-Jye, 2014. "The nexus of market concentration and privatization policy in mixed oligopoly," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 196-203.
- McCorriston, Steve & MacLaren, Donald, 2005. "The trade distorting effect of state trading enterprises in importing countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1693-1715, October.
- John S. Heywood & Guangliang Ye, 2009. "Delegation in a mixed oligopoly: the case of multiple private firms," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(2), pages 71-82.
- Du, Ninghua & Heywood, John S. & Ye, Guangliang, 2013. "Strategic delegation in an experimental mixed duopoly," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 91-100.
- Alessandra Chirco & Marcella Scrimitore, 2010. "Price Competition in International Mixed Oligopolies," Working Paper Series 48_10, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz & F. Casado-Izaga, 2012. "Location of public and private firms under endogenous timing of choices," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 105(2), pages 129-143, March.
- Gregory E. Goering, 2007. "The strategic use of managerial incentives in a non-profit firm mixed duopoly," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(2), pages 83-91.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.