Participative management and correctional personnel: A study of the perceived atmosphere for participation in correctional decision making and its impact on employee stress and thoughts about quitting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Criminal Justice.
Volume (Year): 25 (1997)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stohr, Mary K. & Self, Ruth L. & Lovrich, Nicholas P., 1992. "Staff turnover in new generation jails: An investigation of its causes and prevention," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 455-478.
- Stohr, Mary K. & Lovrich, Nicholas P. & Wilson, Gregory L., 1994. "Staff stress in contemporary jails: Assessing problem severity and the payoff of progressive personnel practices," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 313-327.
- Huckabee, Robert G., 1992. "Stress in corrections: An overview of the issues," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 479-486.
- N/A, 1973. "A Correction," The Indian Economic & Social History Review, , vol. 10(2), pages 207-207, April.
- Dowden, Craig & Tellier, Claude, 2004. "Predicting work-related stress in correctional officers: A meta-analysis," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 31-47.
- Auerbach, Stephen M. & Quick, Ben G. & Pegg, Phillip O., 2003. "General job stress and job-specific stress in juvenile correctional officers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 25-36.
- Lambert, Eric & Paoline III, Eugene A., 2010. "Take this job and shove it: An exploratory study of turnover intent among jail staff," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 139-148, March.
- Lambert, Eric G. & Hogan, Nancy L. & Griffin, Marie L., 2007. "The impact of distributive and procedural justice on correctional staff job stress, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 644-656, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.