General job stress and job-specific stress in juvenile correctional officers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Criminal Justice.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Slate, Risdon N. & Vogel, Ronald E., 1997. "Participative management and correctional personnel: A study of the perceived atmosphere for participation in correctional decision making and its impact on employee stress and thoughts about quitting," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 397-408.
- Mitchell, Ojmarrh & MacKenzie, Doris Layton & Gover, Angela R. & Styve, Gaylene J., 2001. "The influences of personal background on perceptions of juvenile correctional environments," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 67-76.
- Triplett, Ruth & Mullings, Janet L. & Scarborough, Kathryn E., 1996. "Work-related stress and coping among correctional officers: Implications from organizational literature," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 291-308.
- Huckabee, Robert G., 1992. "Stress in corrections: An overview of the issues," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 479-486.
- Griffin, Marie L. & Hepburn, John R., 2005. "Side-bets and reciprocity as determinants of organizational commitment among correctional officers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 611-625.
- Armstrong, Gaylene S. & Griffin, Marie L., 2004. "Does the job matter? Comparing correlates of stress among treatment and correctional staff in prisons," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 577-592.
- Lambert, Eric G. & Hogan, Nancy L. & Griffin, Marie L., 2007. "The impact of distributive and procedural justice on correctional staff job stress, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 644-656, December.
- Botha, Christo & Pienaar, Jaco, 2006. "South African correctional official occupational stress: The role of psychological strengths," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 73-84.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.