Latin American firms competing in the global economy
AbstractAs part of a cooperative effort between the Journal of Business Research (JBR) and the Business Association of Latin American Studies (BALAS), this special issue brings updated research on the Latin American business environment. Out of 226 papers submitted to the BALAS 2012 conference, which was hosted by the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), 22 were pre-selected to run for publication in this special issue — and only 14 actually were accepted after the demanding three rounds of a double blind review process that was run after the conference. This introduction to the special issue of the JBR on the BALAS 2012 conference brings an overview of the changes that have taken place in the business environment of Latin America, the evolution of the internationalization behavior of Latin American firms and the changes in their strengths to compete both domestically and abroad.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 67 (2014)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Latin America; Internationalization; Strategy; BALAS conference;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yadong Luo & Rosalie L Tung, 2007. "International expansion of emerging market enterprises: A springboard perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(4), pages 481-498, July.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- Samiee, Saeed & Athanassiou, Nicholas, 1998. "International Strategy Research: Cross-Cultural Methodology Implications," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 79-96, October.
- Ickis, John C., 2000. "Implementing Globalization Strategies in Latin America," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 9-13, October.
- Brenes, Esteban R. & Madrigal, Kryssia & Requena, Bernardo, 2011. "Corporate governance and family business performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 280-285, March.
- Luis E Lopez & Sumit K Kundu & Luciano Ciravegna, 2009. "Born global or born regional? Evidence from an exploratory study in the Costa Rican software industry," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(7), pages 1228-1238, September.
- Brenes, Esteban R. & Montoya, Daniel & Ciravegna, Luciano, 2014. "Differentiation strategies in emerging markets: The case of Latin American agribusinesses," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 847-855.
- Anand, Jaideep & Brenes, Estaban R. & Karnani, Aneel & Rodriquez, Arnoldo, 2006. "Strategic responses to economic liberalization in emerging economies: Lessons from experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 365-371, March.
- World Bank, 2012. "World Development Indicators 2012," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6014, July.
- Dominguez, Luis V. & Brenes, Esteban R., 1997. "The internationalization of Latin American enterprises and market liberalization in the Americas: A vital linkage," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 3-16, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.