Setting the tone with the tune: A meta-analytic review of the effects of background music in retail settings
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 59 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chebat, Jean-Charles & Chebat, Claire Gelinas & Vaillant, Dominique, 2001. "Environmental background music and in-store selling," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 115-123, November.
- Turley, L. W. & Milliman, Ronald E., 2000. "Atmospheric Effects on Shopping Behavior: A Review of the Experimental Evidence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 193-211, August.
- Babin, Barry J. & Attaway, Jill S., 2000. "Atmospheric Affect as a Tool for Creating Value and Gaining Share of Customer," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 91-99, August.
- Dube, Laurette & Morin, Sylvie, 2001. "Background music pleasure and store evaluation: intensity effects and psychological mechanisms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 107-113, November.
- Ford, Robert C., 2014. "Prime time: The strategic use of subconscious priming to enhance customer satisfaction," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 269-277.
- Klemens Knoferle & Eric Spangenberg & Andreas Herrmann & Jan Landwehr, 2012. "It is all in the mix: The interactive effect of music tempo and mode on in-store sales," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 325-337, March.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.