Feelings, Fantasies, and Memories: An Examination of the Emotional Components of Nostalgia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 42 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allen, Chris T & Machleit, Karen A & Kleine, Susan Schultz, 1992. " A Comparison of Attitudes and Emotions as Predictors of Behavior at Diverse Levels of Behavioral Experience," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(4), pages 493-504, March.
- Batra, Rajeev & Ray, Michael L, 1986. " Affective Responses Mediating Acceptance of Advertising," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 234-49, September.
- Edell, Julie A & Burke, Marian Chapman, 1987. " The Power of Feelings in Understanding Advertising Effects," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 421-33, December.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Schindler, Robert M, 1989. " Some Exploratory Findings on the Development of Musical Tastes," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 119-24, June.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Merchant, Altaf & Ford, John B. & Rose, Gregory, 2011. "How personal nostalgia influences giving to charity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 610-616, June.
- Shipp, Abbie J. & Edwards, Jeffrey R. & Lambert, Lisa Schurer, 2009. "Conceptualization and measurement of temporal focus: The subjective experience of the past, present, and future," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 1-22, September.
- Walsh, Gianfranco & Shiu, Edward & Hassan, Louise M. & Michaelidou, Nina & Beatty, Sharon E., 2011. "Emotions, store-environmental cues, store-choice criteria, and marketing outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 737-744, July.
- Justina GineikienÄ—, 2013. "Consumer Nostalgia Literature Review And An Alternative Measurement Perspective," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 4(2).
- Katharine C. Sredl & Ružica Butigan & Nataša Renko, 2012. "Intergenerational influence and rituals - children’s behaviour with new school year," Tržište/Market, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 24(1), pages 103-116.
- Laros, Fleur J.M. & Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E.M., 2005. "Emotions in consumer behavior: a hierarchical approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1437-1445, October.
- Zhou, Ling & Wang, Tao & Zhang, Qin & Mou, Yupeng, 2013. "Consumer insecurity and preference for nostalgic products: Evidence from China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2406-2411.
- Merchant, Altaf & Rose, Gregory M., 2013. "Effects of advertising-evoked vicarious nostalgia on brand heritage," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2619-2625.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.