Pricing and hedging interest rate options: Evidence from cap-floor markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 29 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravi Jagannathan & Andrew Kaplin & Steve Guoqiang Sun, 2001.
"An Evaluation of Multi-Factor CIR Models Using LIBOR, Swap Rates, and Cap and Swaption Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
8682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jagannathan, Ravi & Kaplin, Andrew & Sun, Steve, 2003. "An evaluation of multi-factor CIR models using LIBOR, swap rates, and cap and swaption prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 113-146.
- Black, Fischer, 1976. "The pricing of commodity contracts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 167-179.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1979. "A continuous time approach to the pricing of bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 133-155, July.
- Driessen, J.J.A.G. & Klaassen, P. & Melenberg, B., 2000.
"The Performance of Multi-Factor Term Structure Models for Pricing and Hedging Caps and Swaptions,"
2000-93, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Driessen, Joost & Klaassen, Pieter & Melenberg, Bertrand, 2003. "The Performance of Multi-Factor Term Structure Models for Pricing and Hedging Caps and Swaptions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(03), pages 635-672, September.
- Massoud Heidari & Liuren WU, 2002. "Are Interest Rate Derivatives Spanned by the Term Structure of Interest Rates?," Finance 0207013, EconWPA.
- Gupta, Anurag & Subrahmanyam, Marti G., 2000.
"An empirical examination of the convexity bias in the pricing of interest rate swaps,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 239-279, February.
- Marti G. Subrahmanyam & Anurag Gupta, 1998. "An Empirical Examination of the Convexity Bias in the Pricing of Interest Rate Swaps," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-068, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Anurag Gupta & Marti G. Subrahmanyam, 1999. "An Empirical Examination of the Convexity Bias in the Pricing of Interest Rate Swaps," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-001, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Michael J. Brennan and Eduardo S. Schwartz., 1979. "A Continuous-Time Approach to the Pricing of Bonds," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 85, University of California at Berkeley.
- Alan Brace & Dariusz G�atarek & Marek Musiela, 1997. "The Market Model of Interest Rate Dynamics," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 127-155.
- Buser, Stephen A & Hendershott, Patric H & Sanders, Anthony B, 1990. "Determinants of the Value of Call Options of Default-Free Bonds," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages S33-50, January.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-29, December.
- Pierre Collin-Dufresne & Robert S. Goldstein, 2002. "Do Bonds Span the Fixed Income Markets? Theory and Evidence for Unspanned Stochastic Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1685-1730, 08.
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Peter Ritchken & L. Sankarasubramanian, 1995. "Volatility Structures Of Forward Rates And The Dynamics Of The Term Structure," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 55-72.
- Rong Fan & Anurag Gupta & Peter Ritchken, 2003. "Hedging in the Possible Presence of Unspanned Stochastic Volatility: Evidence from Swaption Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(5), pages 2219-2248, October.
- Amin, Kaushik I. & Morton, Andrew J., 1994. "Implied volatility functions in arbitrage-free term structure models," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 141-180, April.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Francis A. Longstaff, 2001. "The Relative Valuation of Caps and Swaptions: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2067-2109, December.
- Raoul Pietersz & Antoon Pelsser, 2005.
"A Comparison of Single Factor Markov-functional and Multi Factor Market Models,"
- Raoul Pietersz & Antoon Pelsser, 2010. "A comparison of single factor Markov-functional and multi factor market models," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 245-272, October.
- Pietersz, R. & Pelsser, A.A.J., 2005. "A Comparison of Single Factor Markov-Functional and Multi Factor Market Models," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-008-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- M. Krivko & M. V. Tretyakov, 2011. "Numerical integration of Heath-Jarrow-Morton model of interest rates," Papers 1109.2557, arXiv.org.
- Kuo, I-Doun & Lin, Yueh-Neng, 2009. "Empirical performance of multifactor term structure models for pricing and hedging Eurodollar futures options," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 23-32, January.
- I.-Doun Kuo, 2011. "Pricing and hedging volatility smile under multifactor interest rate models," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 83-104, January.
- Cathy Chen & I-Doun Kuo, 2014. "Investor sentiment and interest rate volatility smile: evidence from Eurodollar options markets," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 367-391, August.
- Roel C.A. Oomen, 2004. "Statistical Models for High Frequency Security Prices," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 77, Econometric Society.
- Thomas Busch & Bent Jesper Christensen & Morten Ørregaard Nielsen, 2006. "The Information Content of Treasury Bond Options Concerning Future Volatility and Price Jumps," Working Papers 1188, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Svenstrup, Mikkel, 2003. "On the Suboptimality of Single-Factor Exercise Strategies for Bermudan Swaptions," Finance Working Papers 02-24, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Antonio Mannolini & Carlo Mari & Roberto Ren�, 2008. "Pricing caps and floors with the extended CIR model," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 386-400.
- Deuskar, Prachi & Gupta, Anurag & Subrahmanyam, Marti G., 2008. "The economic determinants of interest rate option smiles," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 714-728, May.
- Jury Falini, 2009. "Pricing caps with HJM models: the benefits of humped volatility," Department of Economics University of Siena 563, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.