Effects of the affiliation of banking and commerce on the firm's investment and the bank's risk
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 24 (2000)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George J. Benston, 1994. "Universal Banking," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 121-143, Summer.
- Prowse, Stephen D., 1990. "Institutional investment patterns and corporate financial behavior in the United States and Japan," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 43-66, September.
- Charles W. Calomiris, 1993. "Corporate-Finance Benefits from Universal Banking: Germany and the United States, 1870-1914," NBER Working Papers 4408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hirshleifer, David & Thakor, Anjan V, 1992. "Managerial Conservatism, Project Choice, and Debt," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(3), pages 437-70.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Saunders, Anthony, 1994. "Banking and commerce: An overview of the public policy issues," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 231-254, January.
- Park, Sangkyun, 1997. "Risk-taking behavior of banks under regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 491-507, April.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee, 1983.
" On the Positive Role of Financial Intermediation in Allocation of Venture Capital in a Market with Imperfect Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 38(5), pages 1543-68, December.
- Yuk-Shee Chan., 1982. "On the Positive Role of Financial Intermediation in Allocation of Venture Capital in a Market with Imperfect Information," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 127, University of California at Berkeley.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- Berlin, Mitchell & John, Kose & Saunders, Anthony, 1996.
"Bank Equity Stakes in Borrowing Firms and Financial Distress,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(3), pages 889-919.
- Mitchell Berlin & Kose John & Anthony Saunders, 1995. "Bank equity stakes in borrowing firms and financial distress," Working Papers 96-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:1993:i:may:p:450-464 is not listed on IDEAS
- John, Kose & John, Teresa A. & Saunders, Anthony, 1994. "Universal banking and firm risk-taking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 307-323, January.
- María J. Nieto & Gregorio Serna, 2002. "On The Relationship Between A Banks Equity Holdings And Bank Performance," Business Economics Working Papers wb026322, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- repec:hit:hcfrwp:1 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.