The association between stock returns and foreign GAAP earnings versus earnings adjusted to U.S. GAAP
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cumby, Robert E & Glen, Jack D, 1990. " Evaluating the Performance of International Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 497-521, June.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1991. " Disclosure, Liquidity, and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1325-59, September.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1992. "Model Specification Tests and Artificial Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 102-46, March.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1983. "Testing Non-Nested Models after Estimation by Instrumental Variables or Least Squares," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 355-65, March.
- Dechow, Patricia M., 1994. "Accounting earnings and cash flows as measures of firm performance : The role of accounting accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Fisher, Gordon R. & McAleer, Michael, 1981.
"Alternative procedures and associated tests of significance for non-nested hypotheses,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 103-119, May.
- Gordon Fisher & Michael McAleer, 1981. "Alternative Procedures and Associated Tests of Significance for Non-Nested Hypotheses," Working Papers 420, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Clarkson, Peter M & Thompson, Rex, 1990. " Empirical Estimates of Beta When Investors Face Estimation Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 431-53, June.
- Beckers, Stan & Grinold, Richard & Rudd, Andrew & Stefek, Dan, 1992. "The relative importance of common factors across the European equity markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 75-95, February.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-93, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- William J. Baumol & Burton G. Malkiel, 1993. "Redundant Regulation Of Foreign Security Trading And U.S. Competitiveness," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(4), pages 19-27.
- Franklin R. Edwards, 1993. "Listing of Foreign Securities on U.S. Exchanges," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(4), pages 28-36.
- Jacobson, Robert & Aaker, David, 1993. "Myopic management behavior with efficient, but imperfect, financial markets : A comparison of information asymmetries in the U.S. and Japan," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 383-405, October.
- Heston, Steven L. & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 1994. "Does industrial structure explain the benefits of international diversification?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 3-27, August.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Pascal Dumontier & Real Labelle, 1998. "Accounting earnings and firm valuation: the French case," European Accounting Review, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 163-183.
- Van der Meulen, S. & Gaeremynck, Ann & Willekens, Marleen, 2005. "Attribute differences between USGAAP and IFRS earnings: An exploratory study," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/222034, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Edward M. Werner, 2011. "The value relevance of pension accounting information: evidence from Fortune 200 firms," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 427-458, November.
- Thomas Plenborg, 1998. "A comparison of the information content of US and Danish earnings," European Accounting Review, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 41-63.
- Truong, Cameron, 2010. "Post earnings announcement drift and the roles of drift-enhanced factors in New Zealand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 139-157, April.
- Bailey, Warren & Andrew Karolyi, G. & Salva, Carolina, 2006.
"The economic consequences of increased disclosure: Evidence from international cross-listings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 175-213, July.
- Bailey, Warren & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Salva, Carolina, 2004. "The Economic Consequences of Increased Disclosure:Evidence from International Cross-Listings," Working Paper Series 2004-7, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Douthett, Edward Jr. & Duchac, Jonathan E. & Haw, In-Mu & Lim, Steve C., 2003. "Differential levels of disclosure and the earnings-return association: evidence from foreign registrants in the United States," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 145-162.
- Van der Meulen, S & Gaeremynck, Ann & Willekens, Marleen, 2005. "Attribute differences between US GAAP and IFRS earnings: An exploratory study," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/122791, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Ioannis Tsalavoutas & Paul André & Lisa Evans, 2009. "Transition to IFRS and value relevance in a small but developed market: A look at Greek evidence," Post-Print halshs-00460532, HAL.
- Rueschhoff, Norlin G. & Strupeck, C. David, 1998. "Equity returns: Local GAAP versus U.S. GAAP for foreign issuers from developing countries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 377-389.
- Jamal Barzegari Khanagha, 2011. "Value Relevance of Accounting Information in the United Arab Emirates," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(2), pages 33-45, June.
- Hilary, Gilles, 2003. "Accounting behavior of German firms after an ADR issuance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 355-376.
- Carol Adams & Pauline Weetman & Edward Jones & Sidney Gray, 1999. "Reducing the burden of US GAAP reconciliations by foreign companies listed in the United States: the key question of materiality," European Accounting Review, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 1-22.
- Kam Chan & Samir El-Gazzar & Philip Finn & Rudy Jacob, 2006. "Simultaneous Releases of U.S. and Foreign GAAP Earnings," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 161-168, May.
- Bodnar, Gordon M. & Hwang, Lee Seok & Weintrop, Joseph, 2001. "The Value Relevance of Foreign Income: An Australian, Canadian, and British Comparison," Working Papers 01-3, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.