Is comprehensive income superior to net income as a measure of firm performance?1
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1-3 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Watts, Ross L., 2001. "The relevance of the value-relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 3-75, September.
- Bradshaw, Mark T., 2003. "A discussion of 'Assessing the relative informativeness and permanence of pro forma earnings and GAAP operating earnings'," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 321-335, December.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/2814 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Mohamed Sellami, 2006. "Typologie des déterminants comptables de la valeur : Apports de l'approche économique de l'information dans la mesure de la valeur," Post-Print halshs-00558252, HAL.
- Lionel Escaffre & Réda Sefsaf, 2011. "Comparing the value relevance of earnings and book value in IFRS and GAAP standards," Post-Print hal-00769389, HAL.
- Igor Goncharov & Allan Hodgson, 2008. "Comprehensive Income In Europe: Valuation, Prediction And Conservative Issues," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(10), pages 1.
- Carter, Richard B. & Dark, Frederick H. & Sapp, Travis R.A., 2010. "Underwriter reputation and IPO issuer alignment 1981-2005," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 443-455, November.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/3507 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van der Meulen, S. & Gaeremynck, Ann & Willekens, Marleen, 2005. "Attribute differences between USGAAP and IFRS earnings: An exploratory study," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/222034, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Ramond, Olivier & Casta, Jean-François & Batsch, Laurent, 2007. "Résultat et performance financière en normes IFRS : quel est le contenu informatif du comprehensive income ?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1644, Paris Dauphine University.
- John M. Barrios & Marco Fasan & Daniele Macciocchi, 2013. "CEO turnover, earnings management and value relevance. A theoretical analysis on the Italian context," Working Papers 11, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Casta, Jean-François & Ramond, Olivier & Lin, Stephen, 2007. "Value relevance of comprehensive income and its components: Evidence from major European capital markets," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2814, Paris Dauphine University.
- Courtenay, Stephen M. & Cahan, Steven F., 2004. "The impact of debt on market reactions to the revaluation of noncurrent assets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 219-243, April.
- Lin, Stephen & Ramond, Olivier & Casta, Jean-François, 2008. "Value Relevance of Summary Accounting Income Measures: Evidence from Major European Capital Markets," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3507, Paris Dauphine University.
- Krotter, Simon, 2006. "Durchbrechungen des Kongruenzprinzips und Residualgewinne Broken Link Between Accounting and Finance?," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 411, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Van der Meulen, S & Gaeremynck, Ann & Willekens, Marleen, 2005. "Attribute differences between US GAAP and IFRS earnings: An exploratory study," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/122791, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Batsch, Laurent, 2005. "Le "comprehensive income" : vers la "full fair value"," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2165, Paris Dauphine University.
- Santanu Mitra & Mahmud Hossain, 2009. "Value-relevance of pension transition adjustments and other comprehensive income components in the adoption year of SFAS No. 158," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 279-301, October.
- Wang, Yue & Buijink, Willem & Eken, Rob, 2006. "The value relevance of dirty surplus accounting flows in The Netherlands," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 387-405, 012.
- Cready, William M. & Hurtt, David N. & Seida, Jim A., 2000. "Applying reverse regression techniques in earnings-return analyses," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 227-240, October.
- Alain Devalle & Riccardo Magarini, 2012. "Assessing the value relevance of total comprehensive income under IFRS: an empirical evidence from European stock exchanges," International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(1), pages 43-68.
- Rémi Janin & Charles Piot & Pascal Dumontier, 2012. "Les IFRS et l'utilité informationnelle du résultat global en Europe : le rôle des cabinets d'audit," Post-Print hal-00691014, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.