Analysts' forecasts as proxies for investor beliefs in empirical research
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kajal Lahiri & Xuguang Sheng, 2008.
"Measuring Forecast Uncertainty by Disagreement: The Missing Link,"
Ifo Working Paper Series
Ifo Working Paper No. 60, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Kajal Lahiri & Xuguang Sheng, 2010. "Measuring forecast uncertainty by disagreement: The missing link," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 514-538.
- Kajal Lahiri & Xuguang Sheng, 2009. "Measuring Forecast Uncertainty by Disagreement: The Missing Link," Discussion Papers 09-06, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Marie-Paule Laurent, 2003. "The effect of earnings release for Belgian listed companies," Working Papers CEB 03-005.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sandip Dhole & Sagarika Mishra & Ananda M Pal, . "Further Evidence on the Importance of Analysts’ Cash Flow Forecasts," Financial Econometics Series 2013_01, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Hess, Dieter & Müller, Christoph, 2011.
"Price adjustment to news with uncertain precision,"
CFR Working Papers
08-04 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Hess, Dieter E. & Müller, Christoph, 2008. "Price adjustment to news with uncertain precision," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/28, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Dieter Hess & Christoph Müller, 2008. "Price Adjustment to News with Uncertain Precision," FRU Working Papers 2008/01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Finance Research Unit.
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Hess, Dieter E. & Müller, Christoph, 2008. "Price adjustment to news with uncertain precision," CFR Working Papers 08-04, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Dieter Hess & Christoph Müller, 2008. "Price Adjustment to News with Uncertain Precision," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-025, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Mozes, Haim A., 2003. "Accuracy, usefulness and the evaluation of analysts' forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 417-434.
- Conroy, Robert M. & Harris, Robert S. & Park, Young S., 1998. "Fundamental information and share prices in Japan: evidence from earnings surprises and management predictions," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-244, June.
- Sheng, Xuguang & Thevenot, Maya, 2012. "A new measure of earnings forecast uncertainty," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 21-33.
- Xuguang Sheng & Maya Thevenot, 2013. "Differential Interpretation of Public Information: Estimation and Inference," Working Papers 2013-03, American University, Department of Economics.
- Ramnath, Sundaresh & Rock, Steve & Shane, Philip, 2008. "The financial analyst forecasting literature: A taxonomy with suggestions for further research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 34-75.
- Dennis Fan & Raymond So & Jason Yeh, 2006. "Analyst Earnings Forecasts for Publicly Traded Insurance Companies," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 105-136, March.
- Agnes Bialecki & Eleonore Haguet & Gabriel Turinici, 2014. "Existence of an Equilibrium for Lower Semicontinuous Information Acquisition Functions," Post-Print hal-00723189, HAL.
- Caton, Gary L. & Chan, Justin S.P. & Goh, Jeremy & Yang, Sheng-Yung, 2011. "An analysis of Japanese earnings forecast revisions with application to seasoned equity offerings," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 376-387, June.
- Kang, Qiang & Liu, Qiao, 2008. "Stock trading, information production, and executive incentives," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 484-498, September.
- Saffi, Pedro, 2008. "Differences of opinion, information and the timing of trades," IESE Research Papers D/747, IESE Business School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.