Financial analysts' forecasts of earnings : A better surrogate for market expectations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 4 (1982)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grullon, Gustavo & Albert Wang, F., 2001. "Closed-End Fund Discounts with Informed Ownership Differential," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 171-205, April.
- Luzi Hail, 2002. "The impact of voluntary corporate disclosures on the ex-ante cost of capital for Swiss firms," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 741-773.
- Hamid Mehran & Rene M. Stulz, 2006.
"The Economics of Conflicts of Interest in Financial Institutions,"
NBER Working Papers
12695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mehran, Hamid & Stulz, Rene M., 2007. "The economics of conflicts of interest in financial institutions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 267-296, August.
- Mehran, Hamid & Stulz, Rene M., 2006. "The Economics of Conflicts of Interest in Financial Institutions," Working Paper Series 2006-21, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Xiaomeng Chen, 2010. "Australian evidence on the accuracy of analysts' expectations: The value of consensus and timeliness prior to the earnings announcement," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(1), pages 94-116, July.
- Louis K. C. Chan & Jason Karceski & Josef Lakonishok, 2003. "Analysts' Conflict of Interest and Biases in Earnings Forecasts," NBER Working Papers 9544, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis Fan & Raymond So & Jason Yeh, 2006. "Analyst Earnings Forecasts for Publicly Traded Insurance Companies," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 105-136, March.
- Hou, Kewei & van Dijk, Mathijs A. & Zhang, Yinglei, 2012.
"The implied cost of capital: A new approach,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 504-526.
- Lim, Tiong Kiong & Kong, Hwee Chi, 2004. "New evidence on price impact of analyst forecast revisions," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 161-190.
- repec:ltr:wpaper:1996.07 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jong-Seo Choi & Chongwoo Choe, 1996.
"Explanatory Factors for Trading Volume Responses to Annual Earnings Announcements: Evidence from the Korean Stock Market,"
1996.07, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Choi, Jong-Seo & Choe, Chongwoo, 1998. "Explanatory factors for trading volume responses to annual earnings announcements: Evidence from the Korean stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 193-212, May.
- Lin, Wen-Chun & Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Liao, Tsai-Ling, 2013. "The over-optimism of financial analysts and the long-run performance of firms following private placements of equity," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 82-92.
- Douglas Stevens & Arlington Williams, 2004. "Inefficiency in Earnings Forecasts: Experimental Evidence of Reactions to Positive vs. Negative Information," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 75-92, February.
- Zana Grigaliuniene, 2013. "Time-Series Models Forecasting Performance In The Baltic Stock Market," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 4(1).
- Hark-Ppin Yhim & Khondkar Karim & Robert Rutledge, 2003. "The association between disclosure level and information quality: voluntary management earnings forecasts," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(9), pages 677-692.
- Ciccone, Stephen J., 2005. "Trends in analyst earnings forecast properties," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-22.
- Maria Jose Arcas Pellicer & William Page Rees, 1999. "Regularities in the equity price response to earnings announcements in Spain," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 585-607.
- Mohammad G. Robbani & Rafiqul Bhuyan, 2010. "Re-stating financial statements and its reaction in financial market: Evidence from Canadian stock market," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(3), pages 188-197, September.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Chen, Li-Yu, 2010. "Does prior record matter in the wealth effect of open-market share repurchase announcements?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 427-435, June.
- Sandip Dhole & Sagarika Mishra & Ananda M Pal, . "Further Evidence on the Importance of Analysts’ Cash Flow Forecasts," Financial Econometics Series 2013_01, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Wilkie-Thomson, Mary E. & Onkal-Atay, Dilek & Pollock, Andrew C., 1997. "Currency forecasting: an investigation of extrapolative judgement," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 509-526, December.
- Allen, Arthur & Cho, Jang Youn & Jung, Kooyul, 1997. "Earnings forecast errors: Comparative evidence from the Pacific-Basin capital markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 115-129, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.