On the growth effects of North-South trade: the role of labor market flexibility
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 58 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen Nickell, 1997. "Unemployment and Labor Market Rigidities: Europe versus North America," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 55-74, Summer.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1991.
"Endogenous Product Cycles,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1214-29, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1989. "Endogenous Prduct Cycles," Papers 144, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1989. "Endogemour Product Cycles," Papers 10-89, Tel Aviv.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1989. "Endogenous Product Cycles," NBER Working Papers 2913, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brecher, Richard A., 1974. "Optimal commercial policy for a minimum-wage economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 139-149, May.
- Bean, Charles & Pissarides, Christopher, 1993.
"Unemployment, consumption and growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 837-854, May.
- Arnold, Lutz G., 2000. "Stability of the Market Equilibrium in Romer's Model of Endogenous Technological Change: A Complete Characterization," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 69-84, January.
- Elhanan Helpman, 1992.
"Innovation, Imitation, and Intellectual Property Rights,"
NBER Working Papers
4081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Innovation, Imitation, and Intellectual Property Rights," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(6), pages 1247-80, November.
- Helpman, E., 1992. "Innovation, Imitation and intellectual Property Rights," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1597, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Mansfield, Edwin & Schwartz, Mark & Wagner, Samuel, 1981. "Imitation Costs and Patents: An Empirical Study," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 907-18, December.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1995. "Are Your Wages Set in Beijing?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 15-32, Summer.
- Michael H. Riordan & Robert W. Staiger, 1988.
"Sectoral Shocks and Structural Unemployment,"
NBER Working Papers
2522, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devereux, Michael B & Lapham, Beverly J, 1994.
"The Stability of Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 299-305, February.
- Michael B. Devereux & Beverly J. Lapham, 1993. "The Stability of Economics Integration and Endogenous Growth," Working Papers 878, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Segerstrom, Paul S, 1998. "Endogenous Growth without Scale Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1290-1310, December.
- Lai, Edwin L. C., 1995. "The product cycle and the world distribution of income A reformulation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 369-382, November.
- Arnold, Lutz G., 1998. "Growth, Welfare, and Trade in an Integrated Model of Human-Capital Accumulation and Research," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 81-105, January.
- Lutz G. Arnold, 2000. "Endogenous technological change: a note on stability," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 219-226.
- Paul Krugman, 1995. "Growing World Trade: Causes and Consequences," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 327-377.
- Jones, Charles I, 1995. "Time Series Tests of Endogenous Growth Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(2), pages 495-525, May.
- Wolf-Heimo Grieben, 2005. "Schumpeterian growth and the political economy of employment protection," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 77-118, December.
- Lutz G. Arnold, 2006. "Does the Choice between Wage Inequality and Unemployment Affect Productivity Growth?," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7, pages 87-112, 02.
- Debasis Mondal & Manash Ranjan Gupta, 2006. "Product development, imitation and economic growth: A note," Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 27-48.
- Andreas Irmen, 2009. "Frictional unemployment, labor market institutions, and endogenous economic growth," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1127-1138.
- Wolf-Heimo Grieben & Fuat Sener, 2009. "Labor Unions, Globalization, and Mercantilism," CESifo Working Paper Series 2889, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chui, Michael & Levine, Paul & Pearlman, Joseph, 2001.
"Winners and losers in a North-South model of growth, innovation and product cycles,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 333-365, August.
- Chui, Michael & Levine, Paul L & Pearlman, Joseph, 1999. "Winners and Losers in a North-South Model of Growth, Innovation and Product Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 2291, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hitoshi Tanaka & Tatsuro Iwaisako & Koichi Futagami, 2006.
"Dynamic Analysis of Innovation and International Transfer of Technology through Licensing,"
Discussion Papers in Economics and Business
06-06-Rev., Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), revised Oct 2006.
- Tanaka, Hitoshi & Iwaisako, Tatsuro & Futagami, Koichi, 2007. "Dynamic analysis of innovation and international transfer of technology through licensing," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 189-212, September.
- Mondal, Debasis & Ranjan Gupta, Manash, 2009. "Endogenous imitation and endogenous growth in a North-South model: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 668-684, December.
- Wolf-Heimo Grieben, 2006.
"Globalization with Labor Market Frictions and Non-Scale Growth,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c011_053, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Wolf-Heimo Grieben, 2006. "Globalization with labor market frictions and non-scale growth," Working Papers of the Research Group Heterogenous Labor 06-09, Research Group Heterogeneous Labor, University of Konstanz/ZEW Mannheim.
- Hitoshi Tanaka & Tatsuro Iwaisako & Koichi Futagami, 2006. "Dynamic Analysis of Innovation and Licensing: The Effects of Intellectual Property Rights Protection," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 06-06, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Wolf-Heimo Grieben & Fuat Sener, 2012. "North-South Trade, Unemployment and Growth: What’s the Role of Labor Unions?," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2012-06, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Wolf-Heimo GRIEBEN, 2004. "Globalization, Labor Market Rigidities and Multiple Equilibria," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_020, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Mondal, Debasis & Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 2008. "Intellectual property rights protection and unemployment in a North South model: A theoretical analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 463-484, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.