Stability analysis of the Grossman-Helpman model of endogenous product cycles
AbstractThis paper analyses the stability properties of the Grossman-Helpman [Grossman, G. Helpman, E., 1991b. Endogenous product cycles. The Economic Journal 101, 1229-1241] product-variety model of endogenous product cycles. It has been shown that there exists a unique saddle path converging to the steady state growth equilibrium of this model in the wide gap case as well as in the narrow gap case.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 30 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis A. Rivera-Batiz & Paul M. Romer, 1990.
"Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3528, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1991.
"Quality Ladders in the Theory of Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Danyang Xie, 2002.
"Divergence in Economic Performance: Transitional Dynamics with Multiple Equilibria,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
- Xie Danyang, 1994. "Divergence in Economic Performance: Transitional Dynamics with Multiple Equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 97-112, June.
- Lutz G. Arnold, 2000. "Endogenous technological change: a note on stability," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 219-226.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S71-102, October.
- Elhanan Helpman, 1992.
"Innovation, Imitation, and Intellectual Property Rights,"
NBER Working Papers
4081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Innovation, Imitation, and Intellectual Property Rights," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(6), pages 1247-80, November.
- Helpman, E., 1992. "Innovation, Imitation and intellectual Property Rights," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1597, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Benhabib Jess & Perli Roberto, 1994. "Uniqueness and Indeterminacy: On the Dynamics of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 113-142, June.
- Devereux, Michael B & Lapham, Beverly J, 1994.
"The Stability of Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 299-305, February.
- Michael B. Devereux & Beverly J. Lapham, 1993. "The Stability of Economics Integration and Endogenous Growth," Working Papers 878, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1989.
"Endogenous Product Cycles,"
NBER Working Papers
2913, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arnold, Lutz G., 2000. "Stability of the Market Equilibrium in Romer's Model of Endogenous Technological Change: A Complete Characterization," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 69-84, January.
- William Barnett & Taniya Ghosh, 2013.
"Stability Analysis of Uzawa-Lucas Endogenous Growth Model,"
WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS
201304, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised May 2013.
- Barnett, William A. & Ghosh, Taniya, 2013. "Stability analysis of Uzawa-Lucas endogenous growth model," MPRA Paper 47231, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Finn Martensen, 2013. "Globalization, Unemployment, and Product Cycles: Short- and Long-Run Effects," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2013-16, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Barnett, William & Ghosh, Taniya, 2013.
"Bifurcation Analysis of an Endogenous Growth Model,"
50131, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & Taniya Ghosh, 2013. "Bifurcation Analysis of an Endogenous Growth Model," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201306, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.