How should forward patent protection be provided?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 20 (2002)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Llobet, G. & Hopenhayn, H. & Mitchell, M., 2000.
"Rewarding Sequential Innovators: Prizes, Patents and Buyouts,"
0012, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Hugo Hopenhayn & Gerard Llobet & Matthew Mitchell, 2006. "Rewarding Sequential Innovators: Prizes, Patents, and Buyouts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(6), pages 1041-1068, December.
- Gerard Llobet & Hugo Hopenhayn & Matthew F. Mitchell, 2000. "Rewarding sequential innovators: prizes, patents and buyouts," Staff Report 273, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Gerard Llobet & Hugo Hopenhayn & Matthew Mitchell, 2003. "Rewarding Sequential Innovators: Prizes, Patents and Buyouts," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000682, David K. Levine.
- Suzanne Scotchmer, 1991. "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants: Cumulative Research and the Patent Law," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 29-41, Winter.
- James Bessen & Eric Maskin, 2009.
"Sequential innovation, patents, and imitation,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 40(4), pages 611-635.
- Matthew Mitchell, 2000. "Rewarding Sequential Innovators: Patents Prizes and Buyouts," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1650, Econometric Society.
- Yann Ménière, 2008. "Non-Obviousness and Complementary Innovations," Post-Print hal-00397192, HAL.
- Heger, Diana & Zaby, Alexandra K., 2013. "A look at both sides of the coin: Investigating the protective and the disclosure effect of patenting," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-048, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Eaton, Derek J.F. & van Tongeren, Frank W., 2005. "Should Europe Further Strengthen Intellectual Property for Plant Breeders? An Analysis of Seed Industry Proposals," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24725, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- David Encaoua & Dominique Guellec & Catalina Martínez, 2006.
"Patent Systems for Encouraging Innovation: Lessons from Economic Analysis,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Encaoua, David & Guellec, Dominique & Martinez, Catalina, 2006. "Patent systems for encouraging innovation: Lessons from economic analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1423-1440, November.
- Nisvan Erkal, 2003.
"The Decision to Patent, Cumulative Innovation,and Optimal Policy,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
877, The University of Melbourne.
- Erkal, Nisvan, 2005. "The decision to patent, cumulative innovation, and optimal policy," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(7-8), pages 535-562, September.
- Chen, Yongmin & Pan, Shiyuan & Zhang, Tianle, 2012. "(When) Do Stronger Patents Increase Continual Innovation?," MPRA Paper 40874, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- GianCarlo Moschini & Oleg Yerokhin, 2008.
"Patents, Research Exemption, and the Incentive for Sequential Innovation,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(2), pages 379-412, 06.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Yerokhin, Oleg, 2008. "Patents, Research Exemption, and the Incentive for Sequential Innovation," Staff General Research Papers 12598, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.