Product differentiation and endogenous disutility
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 16 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, December.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Curtis Eaton, B. & Lipsey, Richard G., 1989. "Product differentiation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 723-768 Elsevier.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1994. "Monopolistic Competition with Endogenous Specialization," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 45-56, January.
- Grossman, Gene M & Shapiro, Carl, 1984. "Informative Advertising with Differentiated Products," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 63-81, January.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1989. "Symmetric equilibrium existence and optimality in differentiated product markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 178-194, February.
- von Ungern-Sternberg, Thomas, 1988. "Monopolistic Competition and General Purpose Products," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 231-46, April.
- Bar-Isaac, Heski & Caruana, Guillermo & Cuñat, Vicente, 2013.
"Locating inside the Salop circle: Demand rotations in a micro-founded model,"
46468, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heski Bar-Isaac & Guillermo Caruana & Vicente Cuñat, 2011. "Locating inside the Salop circle: demand rotations in a micro-founded model," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 43163, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Edmond Baranes & Cuong Vuong, 2012. "Competition with asymmetric regulation of mobile termination charges," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 204-222, October.
- Wesson, Tom & De Figueiredo, Joao Neiva, 2001. "The importance of focus to market entrants: A study of microbrewery performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 377-403, July.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Matsushima, Noriaki, 2007. "Congestion-reducing investments and economic welfare in a Hotelling model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 161-167, August.
- Carlo Reggiani, .
"Optimal Differentiation and Spatial Competition: The Spokes Model with Product Delivery,"
09/13, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Hou, Haiyang & Wu, Xiaobo & Zhou, Weihua, 2013. "The competition of investments for endogenous transportation costs in a spatial model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 574-577.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.