Brands' quality levels, prices, and advertising outlays: empirical evidence on signals and information costs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 14 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mueller, Dennis C., 1997. "First-mover advantages and path dependence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 827-850, October.
- Dubois, Pierre & Nauges, Céline, 2006.
"Identifying the Effect of Unobserved Quality and Experts' Reviews in the Pricing of Experience Goods: Empirical Application on Bordeaux Wine,"
IDEI Working Papers
395, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Dubois, Pierre & Nauges, Céline, 2010. "Identifying the effect of unobserved quality and expert reviews in the pricing of experience goods: Empirical application on Bordeaux wine," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 205-212, May.
- Dubois, P. & Nauges, C., 2006. "Identifying the effect of unobserved quality and experts' reviews in the pricing of experience goods : empirical application on Bordeaux wine," Economics Working Paper Archive (Toulouse) 200607, French Institute for Agronomy Research (INRA), Economics Laboratory in Toulouse (ESR Toulouse).
- Dubois, Pierre & Nauges, Celine, 2007. "Identifying the Effect of Unobserved Quality and Expert Reviews in the Pricing of Experience Goods: Empirical Application on Bordeaux Wine," Working Papers 37320, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Schamel, Guenter, 2002. "Focussing on Consumer Attention: Price-Quality Relationships and Reputation Indicators," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24933, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Michael, Steven C., 2002. "Can a franchise chain coordinate?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 325-341, July.
- Moorthy, Sridhar & Hawkins, Scott A., 2005. "Advertising repetition and quality perception," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 354-360, March.
- Helble, Matthias & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2008.
"Heterogeneous quality firms and trade costs,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4550, The World Bank.
- Kwok Tong Soo & C F Elliott, 2008.
"Does price matter? Overseas students In UK higher education,"
596594, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Soo, Kwok Tong & Elliott, Caroline, 2010. "Does price matter? Overseas students in UK higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 553-565, August.
- Gergaud, Olivier & Livat, Florine, 2007. "How do consumers use signals to assess quality?," Working Papers 37296, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Tsui, Hsiao-Chien, 2012. "Advertising, quality, and willingness-to-pay: Experimental examination of signaling theory," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1193-1203.
- Quagrainie, Kwamena K. & McCluskey, Jill J. & Loureiro, Maria L., 2001. "Reputation And State Commodity Promotion: The Case Of Washington Apples," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20592, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hwang, Yun Jae & Roe, Brian E. & Teisl, Mario F., 2005. "Does Price Signal Quality? Strategic Implications of Price as a Signal of Quality for the Case of Genetically Modified Food," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19509, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.