The advantage of network size in acquiring new subscribers: a conditional logit analysis of the Korean mobile telephony market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Information Economics and Policy.
Volume (Year): 15 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Choi, Seon-Kyou & Lee, Myeong-Ho & Chung, Gyu-Hwa, 2001. "Competition in Korean mobile telecommunications market: business strategy and regulatory environment," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 125-138, February.
- Fullerton, Hugh S, 1998. "Duopoly and competition: The case of American cellular telephone," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 593-607, August.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010.
"A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1193, David K. Levine.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992. "A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Ramon Caminal & Xavier Vives, 1996. "Why Market Shares Matter: An Information-Based Theory," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 221-239, Summer.
- Manski, Charles F & Lerman, Steven R, 1977. "The Estimation of Choice Probabilities from Choice Based Samples," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(8), pages 1977-88, November.
- Valletti, Tommaso M & Cave, Martin, 1998. "Competition in UK mobile communications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 109-131, March.
- Shurmer, Mark, 1993. "An investigation into sources of network externalities in the packaged PC software market," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 231-251, October.
- Song, Jae-Do & Kim, Jae-Cheol, 2001. "Is five too many? Simulation analysis of profitability and cost structure in the Korean mobile telephone industry," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 101-123, February.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817, August.
- Roe, Brian E. & Teisl, Mario F., 2004. "Consumption Externalities, Information Policies, And Multiple Equilibria: Evidence For Genetically Engineered Food Markets," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20243, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ching-I Huang, 2008.
"Estimating demand for cellular phone service under nonlinear pricing,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics,
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 371-413, December.
- Huang, Ching-I, 2007. "Estimating Demand for Cellular Phone Service under Nonlinear Pricing," MPRA Paper 6459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Birke, Daniel & Swann, G.M. Peter, 2010. "Network effects, network structure and consumer interaction in mobile telecommunications in Europe and Asia," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 153-167, November.
- repec:lmu:msmdpa:12688 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Cadet & Sophie Larribeau & Thierry Pénard, 2012. "Network effects, Customer Satisfaction and Recommendation on the Mobile Phone Market," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201242, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Zucchini, Leon & Claussen, Jörg & Trüg, Moritz, 2013. "Tariff-Mediated Network Effects versus Strategic Discounting: Evidence from German Mobile Telecommunications," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 14848, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Muck, Johannes & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2012. "First mover advantages in mobile telecommunications: Evidence from OECD countries," DICE Discussion Papers 71, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Doganoglu, Toker & Grzybowski, Lukasz, 2007. "Estimating network effects in mobile telephony in Germany," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 65-79, March.
- repec:lmu:msmdpa:13764 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ewa Lechman, 2013. "ICTs diffusion trajectories and economic development – an empirical evidence for 46 developing countries," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 18, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Karaçuka, Mehmet & Çatik, A. Nazif & Haucap, Justus, 2012. "Consumer choice and local network effects in mobile telecommunications in Turkey," DICE Discussion Papers 70, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.