The advantage of network size in acquiring new subscribers: a conditional logit analysis of the Korean mobile telephony market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Information Economics and Policy.
Volume (Year): 15 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010.
"A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1193, David K. Levine.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992. "A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Valletti, Tommaso M & Cave, Martin, 1998. "Competition in UK mobile communications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 109-131, March.
- Ramon Caminal & Xavier Vives, 1996. "Why Market Shares Matter: An Information-Based Theory," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 221-239, Summer.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817, August.
- Song, Jae-Do & Kim, Jae-Cheol, 2001. "Is five too many? Simulation analysis of profitability and cost structure in the Korean mobile telephone industry," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 101-123, February.
- Choi, Seon-Kyou & Lee, Myeong-Ho & Chung, Gyu-Hwa, 2001. "Competition in Korean mobile telecommunications market: business strategy and regulatory environment," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 125-138, February.
- Fullerton, Hugh S, 1998. "Duopoly and competition: The case of American cellular telephone," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 593-607, August.
- Manski, Charles F & Lerman, Steven R, 1977. "The Estimation of Choice Probabilities from Choice Based Samples," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(8), pages 1977-88, November.
- Shurmer, Mark, 1993. "An investigation into sources of network externalities in the packaged PC software market," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 231-251, October.
- repec:lmu:msmdpa:13764 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lmu:msmdpa:12688 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muck, Johannes & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2012. "First mover advantages in mobile telecommunications: Evidence from OECD countries," DICE Discussion Papers 71, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Karaçuka, Mehmet & Çatik, A. Nazif & Haucap, Justus, 2012. "Consumer choice and local network effects in mobile telecommunications in Turkey," DICE Discussion Papers 70, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Doganoglu, Toker & Grzybowski, Lukasz, 2007. "Estimating network effects in mobile telephony in Germany," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 65-79, March.
- Zucchini, Leon & Claussen, Jörg & Trüg, Moritz, 2013.
"Tariff-mediated network effects versus strategic discounting: Evidence from German mobile telecommunications,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 751-759.
- Zucchini, Leon & Claussen, Jörg & Trüg, Moritz, 2013. "Tariff-Mediated Network Effects versus Strategic Discounting: Evidence from German Mobile Telecommunications," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 14848, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Roe, Brian E. & Teisl, Mario F., 2004. "Consumption Externalities, Information Policies, And Multiple Equilibria: Evidence For Genetically Engineered Food Markets," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20243, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ewa Lechman, 2013. "ICTs diffusion trajectories and economic development – an empirical evidence for 46 developing countries," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 18, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Maciej Sobolewski, 2013. "Switching Costs and Network Effects – How Much Do they Really Matter in Mobile Telecommunications?," Working Papers 2013-29, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Ching-I Huang, 2008.
"Estimating demand for cellular phone service under nonlinear pricing,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics,
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 371-413, December.
- Huang, Ching-I, 2007. "Estimating Demand for Cellular Phone Service under Nonlinear Pricing," MPRA Paper 6459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Birke, Daniel & Swann, G.M. Peter, 2010. "Network effects, network structure and consumer interaction in mobile telecommunications in Europe and Asia," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 153-167, November.
- Keesookpun, Chutipong & Mitomo, Hitoshi, 2013. "The determinants of mobile operator switching and policy implications in developing countries: A case study of Thailand," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88472, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Thomas Cadet & Sophie Larribeau & Thierry Pénard, 2012. "Network effects, Customer Satisfaction and Recommendation on the Mobile Phone Market," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201242, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.