Socioeconomic Background, Disease, and Mortality among Union Army Recruits: Implications for Economic and Demographic History
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Explorations in Economic History.
Volume (Year): 34 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scott A. Carson & Thomas N. Maloney, 2006.
"Living Standards in Black and White: Evidence from the Heights of Ohio Prison Inmates, 1829 – 1913,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1775, CESifo Group Munich.
- Maloney, Thomas N. & Carson, Scott Alan, 2008. "Living standards in Black and White: Evidence from the heights of Ohio Prison inmates, 1829-1913," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 237-251, July.
- Dora L. Costa, 2000.
"Understanding Mid-Life and Older Age Mortality Declines: Evidence from Union Army Veterans,"
NBER Working Papers
8000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costa, Dora L., 2003. "Understanding mid-life and older age mortality declines: evidence from Union Army veterans," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 175-192, January.
- Dora L. Costa, 1998.
"Understanding the Twentieth Century Decline in Chronic Conditions Among Older Men,"
NBER Working Papers
6859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dora Costa, 2000. "Understanding the twentieth-century decline in chronic conditions among older men," Demography, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 53-72, February.
- Mikko Myrskylä, 2010. "The effects of shocks in early life mortality on later life expectancy and mortality compression: A cohort analysis," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 22(12), pages 289-320, March.
- Lee, Chulhee, 2007.
"Military positions and post-service occupational mobility of Union Army veterans, 1861-1880,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 680-698, October.
- Chulhee Lee, 2006. "Military Positions and Post-Service Occupational Mobility of Union Army Veterans, 1861-1880," NBER Working Papers 12416, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coppola, Michela, 2013. "The biological standard of living and mortality in Central Italy at the beginning of the 19th century," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 453-464.
- Zehetmayer, Matthias, 2010. "An Anthropometric History of the Postbellum US, 1847-1894," Munich Dissertations in Economics 12321, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sunder, Marco, 2013. "The height gap in 19th-century America: Net-nutritional advantage of the elite increased at the onset of modern economic growth," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 245-258.
- Carson, Scott Alan, 2011. "Was the 19th century stature-insolation relationship similar across independent samples? Evidence from soldiers and prisoners," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 199-207, April.
- Birchenall, Javier A., 2011. "Airborne diseases: Tuberculosis in the Union Army," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 325-342, April.
- Lee, Chulhee, 2008.
"Health, Information, and Migration: Geographic Mobility of Union Army Veterans, 1860–1880,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(03), pages 862-899, September.
- Chulhee Lee, 2005. "Health, Information, and Migration: Geographic Mobility of Union Army Veterans, 1860-1880," NBER Working Papers 11207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dora L. Costa, 2009. "The Health of Older Men in the Past," NBER Chapters, in: Health at Older Ages: The Causes and Consequences of Declining Disability among the Elderly, pages 21-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arora Suchit, 2012. "Understanding Aging during the Epidemiologic Transition," Working Papers 12-07, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Carson, Scott Alan, 2009. "Racial differences in body mass indices of men imprisoned in 19th Century Texas," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 121-127, March.
- Kesztenbaum, Lionel & Rosenthal, Jean-Laurent, 2011. "The health cost of living in a city: The case of France at the end of the 19th century," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 207-225, April.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.