Appraising renewable energy developments in remote communities: the case of the North Assynt Estate, Scotland
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 27 (1999)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nick Hanley & Clive L Spash, 1993.
"Preferences, Information and Biodiversity Preservation,"
Working Papers Series
93/12, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Spash, Clive L. & Hanley, Nick, 1995. "Preferences, information and biodiversity preservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 191-208, March.
- Spash, Clive L. & Hanley, N, 1994. "Preferences, information and biodiversity preservation," MPRA Paper 38351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Watkins, G. C., 1992. "The role of energy economists in promoting sustainable energy development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 575-580, June.
- Peter Strachan & David Lal, 2004. "Wind Energy Policy, Planning and Management Practice in the UK: Hot Air or a Gathering Storm?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 549-569.
- Alvarez-Farizo, Begona & Hanley, Nick, 2002. "Using conjoint analysis to quantify public preferences over the environmental impacts of wind farms. An example from Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 107-116, January.
- Meyerhoff, Jürgen & Ohl, Cornelia & Hartje, Volkmar, 2010. "Landscape externalities from onshore wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 82-92, January.
- Hain, J. J. & Ault, G. W. & Galloway, S. J & Cruden, A. & McDonald, J. R., 2005. "Additional renewable energy growth through small-scale community orientated energy policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1199-1212, June.
- Craig E. Landry & Tom Allen & Todd Cherry & John C. Whitehead, 2010.
"Wind Turbines and Coastal Recreation Demand,"
10-14, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Longo, Alberto & Markandya, Anil & Petrucci, Marta, 2008.
"The internalization of externalities in the production of electricity: Willingness to pay for the attributes of a policy for renewable energy,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 140-152, August.
- Alberto Longo & Anil Markandya & Marta Petrucci, 2006. "The Internalization of Externalities in The Production of Electricity: Willingness to Pay for the Attributes of a Policy for Renewable Energy," Working Papers 2006.132, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Calero, R. & Carta, J. A., 2004. "Action plan for wind energy development in the Canary Islands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1185-1197, July.
- Alexandros Dimitropoulos & Andreas Kontoleon, 2008.
"Assessing the Determinants of Local Acceptability of Wind Farm Investment: A Choice Experiment in the Greek Aegean Islands,"
Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers
35.2008, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2008.
- Dimitropoulos, Alexandros & Kontoleon, Andreas, 2009. "Assessing the determinants of local acceptability of wind-farm investment: A choice experiment in the Greek Aegean Islands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1842-1854, May.
- Menegaki, Angeliki, 2008. "Valuation for renewable energy: A comparative review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 2422-2437, December.
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Hansen, Lise-Lotte P & Schröder, Sascha T & Kitzing, Lena, 2012. "Cooperation mechanisms to achieve EU renewable targets," MPRA Paper 41400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aravena, Claudia & Hutchinson, W. George & Longo, Alberto, 2012. "Environmental pricing of externalities from different sources of electricity generation in Chile," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1214-1225.
- Bergmann, Ariel & Hanley, Nick & Wright, Robert, 2006. "Valuing the attributes of renewable energy investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1004-1014, June.
- Bergmann, E. Ariel & Colombo, Sergio & Hanley, Nick, 2007. "The Social-Environmental Impacts Of Renewable Energy Expansion In Scotland," 81st Annual Conference, April 2-4, 2007, Reading University 7964, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Torres Sibille, Ana del Carmen & Cloquell-Ballester, Víctor-Andrés & Cloquell-Ballester, Vicente-Agustín & Darton, Richard, 2009. "Development and validation of a multicriteria indicator for the assessment of objective aesthetic impact of wind farms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 40-66, January.
- Begoña Álvarez-Farizo & Nick Hanley, . "Using conjoint analysis to quantify public preferences over the environmental impacts of wind farms," Working Papers 2001_12, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Soliño, Mario & Farizo, Begoña A. & Campos, Pablo, 2009. "The influence of home-site factors on residents' willingness to pay: An application for power generation from scrubland in Galicia, Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 4055-4065, October.
- Rogers, J.C. & Simmons, E.A. & Convery, I. & Weatherall, A., 2008. "Public perceptions of opportunities for community-based renewable energy projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4217-4226, November.
- Soliño, Mario & Vázquez, María X. & Prada, Albino, 2009. "Social demand for electricity from forest biomass in Spain: Does payment periodicity affect the willingness to pay?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 531-540, February.
- Stigka, Eleni K. & Paravantis, John A. & Mihalakakou, Giouli K., 2014. "Social acceptance of renewable energy sources: A review of contingent valuation applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 100-106.
- Soliño, Mario & Prada, Albino & Vázquez, María X., 2010. "Designing a forest-energy policy to reduce forest fires in Galicia (Spain): A contingent valuation application," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 217-233, August.
- Kosenius, Anna-Kaisa & Ollikainen, Markku, 2013. "Valuation of environmental and societal trade-offs of renewable energy sources," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1148-1156.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.