Valuing nature: From environmental impacts to natural capital
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 63 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spash, Clive L. & Hanley, Nick, 1995.
"Preferences, information and biodiversity preservation,"
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 191-208, March.
- Spash, Clive L. & Hanley, N, 1994. "Preferences, information and biodiversity preservation," MPRA Paper 38351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nick Hanley & Clive L Spash, 1993. "Preferences, Information and Biodiversity Preservation," Working Papers Series 93/12, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998.
"The Linearized Hamiltonian as Comprehensive NDP,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1845, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Heal, Geoffrey & Kristrom, Bengt, 2005.
"National income and the environment,"
Handbook of Environmental Economics,
in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 22, pages 1147-1217
- Heal, G. & Kristrom, B., 1998. "National Income and the Environment," Papers 98-01, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Geoffrey Heal & Bengt Kriström, 2003. "National Income and the Environment," Working Paper Series 03/332, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Forest Economics.
- Howarth, Richard B. & Farber, Stephen, 2002. "Accounting for the value of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 421-429, June.
- Farber, Stephen C. & Costanza, Robert & Wilson, Matthew A., 2002. "Economic and ecological concepts for valuing ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 375-392, June.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998.
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1843, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Limburg, Karin E. & O'Neill, Robert V. & Costanza, Robert & Farber, Stephen, 2002. "Complex systems and valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 409-420, June.
- Graciela Chichilnisky, 1996.
"An axiomatic approach to sustainable development,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 231-257, April.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maler, Karl-Goran, 1995. "Poverty, institutions, and the environmental resource-base," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 39, pages 2371-2463 Elsevier.
- Dasgupta, Partha & M Ler, Karl-G Ran, 2000. "Net national product, wealth, and social well-being," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 69-93, February.
- Azqueta, Diego & Delacamara, Gonzalo, 2006. "Ethics, economics and environmental management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 524-533, April.
- Solow, Robert M, 1974. "The Economics of Resources or the Resources of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 1-14, May.
- Asheim, Geir B, 1997. " Adjusting Green NNP to Measure Sustainability," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(3), pages 355-70, September.
- Wilson, Matthew A. & Howarth, Richard B., 2002. "Discourse-based valuation of ecosystem services: establishing fair outcomes through group deliberation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 431-443, June.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1976.
"On the Welfare Significance of National Product in a Dynamic Economy,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 156-62, February.
- M. L. Weitzman, 1974. "On the Welfare Significance of National Product in Dynamic Economy," Working papers 125, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Karl-Göran Mäler, 1991. "National accounts and environmental resources," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 1(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Cropper, Maureen & Griffiths, Charles, 1994. "The Interaction of Population Growth and Environmental Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 250-54, May.
- Chomitz, Kenneth M & Gray, David A, 1996. "Roads, Land Use, and Deforestation: A Spatial Model Applied to Belize," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(3), pages 487-512, September.
- von Amsberg, Joachim, 1998. "Economic Parameters of Deforestation," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(1), pages 133-53, January.
- Pillarisetti, J.Ram, 2005. "The World Bank's 'genuine savings' measure and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 599-609, December.
- J. Pillarisetti & Jeroen Bergh, 2010. "Sustainable nations: what do aggregate indexes tell us?," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 49-62, February.
- Rieple, Alison & Singh, Rajbir, 2010. "A value chain analysis of the organic cotton industry: The case of UK retailers and Indian suppliers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2292-2302, September.
- Leontina Pavaloaia, 2013. "Business Valuation In Terms Of Indicators Of Sustainable Development," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 5, pages 58-68.
- Engelbrecht, Hans-Jürgen, 2009. "Natural capital, subjective well-being, and the new welfare economics of sustainability: Some evidence from cross-country regressions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 380-388, December.
- Joël Houdet & Michel Trommetter & Jacques Weber, 2009. "Changing business perceptions regarding biodiversity: from impact mitigation towards new strategies and practices," Working Papers hal-00412875, HAL.
- Ali DOUAI (GREThA-GRES), 2007.
"Wealth, Well-being and Value(s): A Proposition of Structuring Concepts for a (real) Transdisciplinary Dialogue within Ecological Economics,"
Cahiers du GRES
2007-21, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Ali DOUAI (GREThA), 2007. "Wealth, Well-being and Value(s): A Proposition of Structuring Concepts for a (real) Transdisciplinary Dialogue within Ecological Economics," Cahiers du GREThA 2007-18, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Shepherd, Dean A. & Kuskova, Valya & Patzelt, Holger, 2009. "Measuring the values that underlie sustainable development: The development of a valid scale," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 246-256, April.
- Tisdell, Clement A. & Xue, Dayuan, 2013. "Managing Ecosystem Services for Human Benefit: Economic and Environmental Policy Challenges," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 147512, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Taro Ohdoko & Kentaro Yoshida, 2012. "Public preferences for forest ecosystem management in Japan with emphasis on species diversity," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 14(2), pages 147-169, April.
- Crossman, Neville D. & Bryan, Brett A., 2009. "Identifying cost-effective hotspots for restoring natural capital and enhancing landscape multifunctionality," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 654-668, January.
- Sylvie FERRARI (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Sébastien LAVAUD (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Jean-Christophe PEREAU (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2012. "Critical natural capital, ecological resilience and sustainable wetland management: a French case study," Cahiers du GREThA 2012-08, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.