Single machine scheduling and due date assignment with positionally dependent processing times
AbstractWe consider single machine scheduling and due date assignment problems in which the processing time of a job depends on its position in a processing sequence. The objective functions include the cost of changing the due dates, the total cost of discarded jobs that cannot be completed by their due dates and, possibly, the total earliness of the scheduled jobs. We present polynomial-time dynamic programming algorithms in the case of two popular due date assignment methods: CON and SLK. The considered problems are related to mathematical models of cooperation between the manufacturer and the customer in supply chain scheduling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 198 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Single machine scheduling Common due date assignment SLK due date assignment Positionally dependent processing times;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grundel, S. & Ciftci, B.B. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M., 2012.
"Family Sequencing and Cooperation,"
2012-040, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Vinod, V. & Sridharan, R., 2011. "Simulation modeling and analysis of due-date assignment methods and scheduling decision rules in a dynamic job shop production system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 127-146, January.
- Rustogi, Kabir & Strusevich, Vitaly A., 2012. "Simple matching vs linear assignment in scheduling models with positional effects: A critical review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(3), pages 393-407.
- Li, Shisheng & Ng, C.T. & Yuan, Jinjiang, 2011. "Scheduling deteriorating jobs with CON/SLK due date assignment on a single machine," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 747-751, June.
- Slotnick, Susan A., 2011. "Order acceptance and scheduling: A taxonomy and review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 1-11, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.