Network externalities and the Coase conjecture
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 44 (2000)
Issue (Month): 10 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jinhong Xie & Marvin Sirbu, 1995. "Price Competition and Compatibility in the Presence of Positive Demand Externalities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(5), pages 909-926, May.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-40, June.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Technology Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 822-41, August.
- Olsen, Trond E., 1992. "Durable goods monopoly, learning by doing and the Coase conjecture," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 157-177, January.
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1981. "Rational Expectations and Durable Goods Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 112-128, Spring.
- Stokey, Nancy L, 1979. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 93(3), pages 355-71, August.
- Gul, Faruk & Sonnenschein, Hugo & Wilson, Robert, 1986.
"Foundations of dynamic monopoly and the coase conjecture,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 155-190, June.
- Faruk Gul & Hugo Sonnenschein & Robert Wilson, 2010. "Foundations of Dynamic Monopoly and the Coase Conjecture," Levine's Working Paper Archive 232, David K. Levine.
- Larry M. Ausubel & Raymond J. Deneckere, 1989. "Reputation in Bargaining and Durable Goods Monopoly," Levine's Working Paper Archive 201, David K. Levine.
- Kai-Uwe Kuhn & A. Jorge Padilla, 1996. "Product Line Decisions and the Coase Conjecture," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 391-414, Summer.
- Karp, L., 1992.
"Depreciation erodes the coase conjecture,"
Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics
9210, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Karp, Larry, 1995. "Depreciation Erodes the Coase Conjecture," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt1fs6j5nn, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Ausubel, Lawrence M & Deneckere, Raymond J, 1989. "Reputation in Bargaining and Durable Goods Monopoly," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 511-31, May.
- Bulow, Jeremy I, 1982. "Durable-Goods Monopolists," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(2), pages 314-32, April.
- Bensaid, Bernard & Lesne, Jean-Philippe, 1996. "Dynamic monopoly pricing with network externalities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 837-855, October.
- Coase, Ronald H, 1972. "Durability and Monopoly," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 143-49, April.
- Economides, N., 1999.
"Durable Goods Monopoly with Network Externalities with Application to the PC Operating Systems Market,"
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires
99-17, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Nicholas Economides, 1999. "Durable Goods Monopoly with Network Externalities with Application to the PC Operating Systems Market," Working Papers 99-17, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Didier LAUSSEL & Ngo Van LONG & Joana RESENDE, 2014. "Network E¤ects, Aftermarkets and the Coase Conjecture : A Dynamic Markovian Approach," Cahiers de recherche 06-2014, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Jong-Hee Hahn & Jin-Hyuk Kim, 2012. "Monopoly R&D and Compatibility Decisions in Network Industries," Working papers 2012rwp-43, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
- Kessing, Sebastian & Nuscheler, Robert, 2003.
"Monopoly pricing with negative network effects: the case of vaccines,"
Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance
SP II 2003-06, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Kessing, Sebastian G. & Nuscheler, Robert, 2006. "Monopoly pricing with negative network effects: The case of vaccines," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 1061-1069, May.
- Bell, Rosalyn, 2002. "Capturing benefits from water entitlement trade in salinity affected areas: A role for trading houses?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(3), September.
- Winston T.H. Koh, 2005.
"Household Demand, Network Externality Effects and Intertemporal Price Discrimination,"
05-2005, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Winston T. H. Koh, 2005. "Household Demand, Network Externality Effects and Intertemporal Price Discrimination," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 49-69, 02.
- Winston T.H. Koh, 2005. "Household Demand, Network Externality Effects and Intertemporal Price Discrimination," Microeconomics Working Papers 22455, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Dassler, Thoralf, 2006. "Combining theories of regulation - Proposing a framework for analysing regulatory systems worldwide," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 31-43, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.