Bayesian inference in a simultaneous equation model with limited dependent variables
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 85 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chib, Siddhartha, 1992. "Bayes inference in the Tobit censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 79-99.
- Dale J. Poirier, 1995. "Intermediate Statistics and Econometrics: A Comparative Approach," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161494, December.
- James J. Heckman, 1977.
"Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System,"
NBER Working Papers
0177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J, 1978. "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 931-59, July.
- Vella, Francis, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator for Simultaneous Models with Censored Endogenous Regressors,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(2), pages 441-57, May.
- Vella, F., 1989. "A Simple Estimator For Simultaneous Models With Censored Endogenous Regressors," RCER Working Papers 199, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- Blundell, Richard & Smith, Richard J., 1994. "Coherency and estimation in simultaneous models with censored or qualitative dependent variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 355-373.
- Blundell, Richard W & Smith, Richard J, 1989. "Estimation in a Class of Simultaneous Equation Limited Dependent Variable Models," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 37-57, January.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-85, May.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1978. "The Estimation of a Simultaneous Equation Generalized Probit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1193-1205, September.
- Nelson, Forrest & Olson, Lawrence, 1978. "Specification and Estimation of a Simultaneous-Equation Model with Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(3), pages 695-709, October.
- Ding, Peng, 2014. "Bayesian robust inference of sample selection using selection-t models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 451-464.
- Jorge Araña & Carmelo León, 2007. "Repeated Dichotomous Choice Formats for Elicitation of Willingness to Pay: Simultaneous Estimation and Anchoring Effect," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(4), pages 475-497, April.
- Herriges, Joseph & Kling, Catherine & Liu, Chih-Chen & Tobias, Justin, 2010.
"What are the consequences of consequentiality?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 67-81, January.
- Maksym Obrizan, 2011. "A Bayesian Model of Sample Selection with a Discrete Outcome Variable: Detecting Depression in Older Adults," Discussion Papers 41, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Griffiths, W.E., 2001. "Bayesian Inference in the Seemingly Unrelated Regressions Models," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 793, The University of Melbourne.
- repec:iab:iabmit:v:35:i:4:p:506-522 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brownstone, David & Fang, Hao Audrey, 2010. "A Vehicle Ownership and Utilization Choice Model with Edogenous Residential Density," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt2hc4h6h5, University of California Transportation Center.
- Chakravarty, Sugato & Li, Kai, 2003. "A Bayesian analysis of dual trader informativeness in futures markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 355-371, May.
- Subramanian Balachander & Bikram Ghosh, 2013. "Bayesian estimation of a simultaneous probit model using error augmentation: An application to multi-buying and churning behavior," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 437-458, December.
- Joshua C.C. Chan & Justin L. Tobias, 2012. "Priors and Posterior Computation in Linear Endogenous Variable Models with Imperfect Instruments," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2012-580, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Li, Mingliang & Mumford, Kevin J. & Tobias, Justin L., 2012. "A Bayesian analysis of payday loans and their regulation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 205-216.
- Li, K. & Poirier, D., 2000.
"An Econometric Model of Birth Input and Output,"
00-01-21, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Kai Li & Dale J. Poirier, 2000. "An Econometric Model of Birth Inputs and Outputs," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0352, Econometric Society.
- Li, Kai & Poirier, Dale J., 2003. "An econometric model of birth inputs and outputs for Native Americans," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 337-361, April.
- Maksym, Obrizan, 2010. "A Bayesian Model of Sample Selection with a Discrete Outcome Variable," MPRA Paper 28577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carapeto, Maria, 2005. "Bankruptcy bargaining with outside options and strategic delay," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 736-746, September.
- Munkin, Murat K. & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2003. "Bayesian analysis of a self-selection model with multiple outcomes using simulation-based estimation: an application to the demand for healthcare," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 197-220, June.
- Bellmann, Lutz & Caliendo, Marco & Hujer, Reinhard & Radic, Dubravko, 2002. "Beschäftigungswirkungen technisch-organisatorischen Wandels : eine mikroökonometrische Analyse mit dem Linked IAB-Panel (Technological and organisational change and its effects on employment : a mic," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 35(4), pages 506-522.
- Li, Mingliang & Tobias, Justin L., 2011. "Bayesian inference in a correlated random coefficients model: Modeling causal effect heterogeneity with an application to heterogeneous returns to schooling," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 345-361, June.
- Araña, Jorge E. & León, Carmelo J., 2008. "Do emotions matter? Coherent preferences under anchoring and emotional effects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 700-711, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.