Long difference instrumental variables estimation for dynamic panel models with fixed effects
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 140 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arellano, Manuel & Bond, Stephen, 1991. "Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 277-97, April.
- Ahn, Seung C. & Schmidt, Peter, 1997. "Efficient estimation of dynamic panel data models: Alternative assumptions and simplified estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 309-321.
- Rilstone, Paul & Srivastava, V. K. & Ullah, Aman, 1996. "The second-order bias and mean squared error of nonlinear estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 369-395, December.
- Guido Kuersteiner, 2000. "RMSE Reduction for GMM Estimators of Linear Time Series Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0892, Econometric Society.
- Jinyong Hahn & Jerry Hausman, 2002. "A New Specification Test for the Validity of Instrumental Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 163-189, January.
- Alonso-Borrego, Cesar & Arellano, Manuel, 1999.
"Symmetrically Normalized Instrumental-Variable Estimation Using Panel Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 17(1), pages 36-49, January.
- Alonso-Borrego, César & Arellano, Manuel, 1999. "Symmetrically normalized instrumental-variable estimation using panel data," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4655, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hahn, Jinyong, 1999. "How informative is the initial condition in the dynamic panel model with fixed effects?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 309-326, December.
- Jinyong Hahn & Guido Kuersteiner, 2002. "Asymptotically Unbiased Inference for a Dynamic Panel Model with Fixed Effects when Both "n" and "T" Are Large," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1639-1657, July.
- Donald, Stephen G. & Whitney Newey, 1999.
"Choosing the Number of Instruments,"
99-05, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hahn, Jinyong, 1997. "Efficient estimation of panel data models with sequential moment restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 1-21, July.
- Hugo Kruiniger, 2000. "GMM Estimation of Dynamic Panel Data Models with Persistent Data," Working Papers 428, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Newey, Whitney K & Taylor, William E, 1987. "Efficient Estimation and Identification of Simultaneous Equation Models with Covariance Restrictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 849-74, July.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Taylor, William E, 1983. "Identification in Linear Simultaneous Equations Models with Covariance Restrictions: An Instrumental Variables Interpretation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1527-49, September.
- Jinyong Hahn & Jerry Hausman & Guido Kuersteiner, 2004. "Estimation with weak instruments: Accuracy of higher-order bias and MSE approximations," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 272-306, 06.
- James H. Stock & Jonathan Wright, 2000. "GMM with Weak Identification," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1055-1096, September.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond, 1995.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
IFS Working Papers
W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, . "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Newey, Whitney & Rosen, Harvey S, 1988. "Estimating Vector Autoregressions with Panel Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1371-95, November.
- Hahn, Jinyong & Kuersteiner, Guido, 2002. "Discontinuities of weak instrument limiting distributions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 325-331, May.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-26, November.
- Kiviet, Jan F., 1995.
"On bias, inconsistency, and efficiency of various estimators in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 53-78, July.
- Tom Doan, . "LSDVC: RATS procedure to estimate a dynamic FE model with correction for bias," Statistical Software Components RTS00111, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Griliches, Zvi & Hausman, Jerry A., 1986.
"Errors in variables in panel data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 93-118, February.
- Ahn, Seung C. & Schmidt, Peter, 1995. "Efficient estimation of models for dynamic panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 5-27, July.
- Bekker, Paul A, 1994. "Alternative Approximations to the Distributions of Instrumental Variable Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 657-81, May.
- Anderson, T. W. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1982. "Formulation and estimation of dynamic models using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 47-82, January.
- Elsas, Ralf & Florysiak, David, 2008. "Empirical Capital Structure Research: New Ideas, Recent Evidence, and Methodological Issues," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 4743, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Tue Gørgens & Christopher L. Skeels & Allan H. Würtz, 2009. "Efficient Estimation of Non-Linear Dynamic Panel Data Models with Application to Smooth Transition Models," CREATES Research Papers 2009-51, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A. & Yared, Pierre, 2009.
"Reevaluating the modernization hypothesis,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(8), pages 1043-1058, November.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A & Yared, Pierre, 2007. "Reevaluating the Modernization Hypothesis," CEPR Discussion Papers 6430, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson & Pierre Yared, 2007. "Reevaluating the Modernization Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 13334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hovakimian, Armen & Li, Guangzhong, 2011. "In search of conclusive evidence: How to test for adjustment to target capital structure," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 33-44, February.
- Serrasqueiro, Zélia & Nunes, Paulo Maçãs, 2010. "Non-linear relationships between growth opportunities and debt: Evidence from quoted Portuguese companies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 870-878, August.
- Okui, Ryo, 2008. "Panel AR(1) estimators under misspecification," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 210-213, December.
- Toivanen, Otto & Waterson, Michael, 2013. "The effect of department size on quality of research in science: Evidence from the UK research assessment exercise," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/391779, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Shu Ng & Edward Norton & David Guilkey & Barry Popkin, 2012.
"Estimation of a dynamic model of weight,"
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 413-443, April.
- Chirok Han & Peter C.B. Phillips & Donggyu Sul, 2010. "X-Differencing and Dynamic Panel Model Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1747, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.