How to divide the possession of a football?
AbstractThe current National Football League overtime rule favors the team starting on offense. Auctioning off or dividing-and-choosing the starting possession can potentially restore ex post fairness. We find auctions to provide a better outcome when teams have asymmetric information.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 99 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Hendershott, Terrence, 2006. "How to Divide the Possession of a Football?," MPRA Paper 6103, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Terry Hendershott, 2007. "How to Divide the Possession of a Football?," Discussion Papers 0708-03, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José Apesteguia & Ignacio Palacios-Huerta, 2008.
"Psychological Pressure in Competitive Environments: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment,"
361, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jose Apesteguia & Ignacio Palacios-Huerta, 2010. "Psychological Pressure in Competitive Environments: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2548-64, December.
- Jose Apesteguia & Ignacio Palacios-Huerta, 2008. "Psychological pressure in competitive environments: Evidence from a randomized natural experiment," Economics Working Papers 1116, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jianpei Li & Yi Xue & Weixing Wu, 2013. "Partnership dissolution and proprietary information," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 495-527, February.
- Landeo, Claudia M. & Spier, Kathryn E., 2013.
"Shotgun mechanisms for common-value partnerships: The unassigned-offeror problem,"
Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 390-394.
- Landeo, Claudia & Spier, Kathryn, 2013. "Shotgun Mechanisms for Common-Value Partnerships: The Unassigned-Offeror Problem," Working Papers 2013-10, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.