Credit rationing, profit accumulation and economic growth
AbstractThis paper studies how credit rationing affects endogenous growth when capital and debt are related to the firmÂ´s internal net worth, taken as collateral. The accumulation of firmÂ´s net worth determines the growth rate of capital and the growth rate of the economy. The relation between growth and interest rate is then negative without requiring convex adjustment costs on investment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 85 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- Amable, Bruno & Jean-Bernard Chatelain & Kirsten RALF, 2002. "Credit Rationing, Profit Accumulation and Economic Growth," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 5, Royal Economic Society.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain & Bruno Amable & Kirsten Ralf, 2004. "Credit rationing, profit accumulation and economic growth," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00112521, HAL.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Moore & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki, .
1995-5, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Sala-I-Martin, X. & Barro, R.J., 1991.
"Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth,"
640, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1990. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3362, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007.
"On the allocation of credit and aggregate fluctuations,"
2889, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Orlando Gomes, 2010. "On the Allocation of Credit and Aggregate Fluctuations," Revista Brasileira de Economia, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 64(4), pages 393-404, December.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007.
"Deterministic randomness in a model of finance and growth,"
2888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Orlando Gomes, 2010. "Deterministic randomness in a model of finance and growth," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 95-114, January.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010.
"The Profit-Investment-Unemployment nexus and Capacity Utilization in a Stock-Flow Consistent Model,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010. "The Profit-Investment-Unemployment Nexus And Capacity Utilization In A Stock-Flow Consistent Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 454-472, 07.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007. "Constraints on credit, consumer behaviour and the dynamics of wealth," MPRA Paper 2886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007. "Nonlinear dynamics in a model of financial development with a risk premium," MPRA Paper 2887, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten & Bruno, Amable, 2010.
"Patents as Collateral,"
44698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amable, Bruno & Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten, 2010. "Patents as collateral," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1092-1104, June.
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten & Amable, Bruno, 2010. "Patents as Collateral," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2003. "Structural Modelling of Financial Constraints on Investment: Where Do We Stand?," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00112522, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.