Credit rationing, profit accumulation and economic growth
AbstractThis paper studies how credit rationing affects endogenous growth when capital and debt are related to the firmÂ´s internal net worth, taken as collateral. The accumulation of firmÂ´s net worth determines the growth rate of capital and the growth rate of the economy. The relation between growth and interest rate is then negative without requiring convex adjustment costs on investment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 85 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain & Bruno Amable & Kirsten Ralf, 2004. "Credit rationing, profit accumulation and economic growth," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00112521, HAL.
- Amable, Bruno & Jean-Bernard Chatelain & Kirsten RALF, 2002. "Credit Rationing, Profit Accumulation and Economic Growth," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 5, Royal Economic Society.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Moore, John, 1997.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 211-48, April.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & John Moore, 1995. "Credit Cycles," NBER Working Papers 5083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Moore & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki, . "Credit Cycles," Discussion Papers 1995-5, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Ryo Kato, 2003. "Matlab code for Kiyotaki-Moore credit cycles," QM&RBC Codes 113, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
"Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 645-61, October.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1990. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3362, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sala-I-Martin, X. & Barro, R.J., 1991. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," Papers 640, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00112522 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007.
"On the allocation of credit and aggregate fluctuations,"
2889, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Orlando Gomes, 2010. "On the Allocation of Credit and Aggregate Fluctuations," Revista Brasileira de Economia, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 64(4), pages 393-404, December.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007.
"Deterministic randomness in a model of finance and growth,"
2888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Orlando Gomes, 2010. "Deterministic randomness in a model of finance and growth," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 95-114, January.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010. "The Profit-Investment-Unemployment nexus and Capacity Utilization in a Stock-Flow Consistent Model," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00645155, HAL.
- Ciałowicz, Beata, 2014. "The phenomenon of equifinality in innovative development of the monetary private ownership economy —An axiomatic set-up," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-5.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007. "Constraints on credit, consumer behaviour and the dynamics of wealth," MPRA Paper 2886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten & Amable, Bruno, 2010.
"Patents as Collateral,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 1094-1104.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2003. "Structural Modelling of Financial Constraints on Investment: Where Do We Stand?," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00112522, HAL.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007. "Nonlinear dynamics in a model of financial development with a risk premium," MPRA Paper 2887, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.