Wages and performance-based pay: Evidence from the NLSY
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 51 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles Brown, 1990.
"Firms' Choice of Method of Pay,"
NBER Working Papers
3065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blackburn, McKinley & Neumark, David, 1992.
"Unobserved Ability, Efficiency Wages, and Interindustry Wage Differentials,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1421-36, November.
- McKinley Blackburn & David Neumark, 1991. "Unobserved Ability, Efficiency Wages, and Interindustry Wage Differentials," NBER Working Papers 3857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nan L. Maxwell, 1994. "The effect on black-white wage differences of differences in the quantity and quality of education," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(2), pages 249-264, January.
- Gielen, A. C., 2007.
"Performance Pay, Training and Labor Mobility,"
2007-48, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ewing, Bradley T., 1998. "Athletes and work," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 113-117, April.
- Gielen, A. C. & Kerkhofs, M.J.M. & Ours, J.C. van, 2010.
"How performance related pay affects productivity and employment,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3583553, Tilburg University.
- Anne Gielen & Marcel Kerkhofs & Jan Ours, 2010. "How performance related pay affects productivity and employment," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 291-301, January.
- Colin Green & J S Heywood, 2007. "Performance pay, sorting and the dimensions of job satisfaction," Working Papers 584041, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Henneberger, Fred & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Ziegler, Alexandre, 2007. "Performance Pay, Sorting, and Outsourcing," IZA Discussion Papers 3019, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:lan:wpaper:2928 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sabrina Teyssier, 2008.
"Les Modes de Rémunération comme MécanismesSélectifs de la Main d'oeuvre : Fondements Théoriques et Estimations Empiriques,"
- Sabrina Teyssier, 2008. "Les Modes de Rémunération comme Mécanismes Sélectifs de la Main d’oeuvre : Fondements Théoriques et Estimations Empiriques," Working Papers 0818, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3020 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lulfesmann, Christoph, 2002. "Partial monitoring, adverse selection, and the internal efficiency of the firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1097-1118, October.
- Yui Nakamura, 2011. "An incentive to increase laborers' productivity with adopting performance-based wages and paid vacations," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 1018-1024.
- de la Rica, Sara & Dolado, Juan J. & Vegas, Raquel, 2010.
"Performance Pay and the Gender Wage Gap: Evidence from Spain,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7936, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- de la Rica, Sara & Dolado, Juan José & Vegas, Raquel, 2010. "Performance Pay and the Gender Wage Gap: Evidence from Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 5032, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniel Parent, 1999.
"Methods of pay and earnings: A longitudinal analysis,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(1), pages 71-86, October.
- Daniel Parent, 1997. "Methods of Pay and Earnings: A Longitudinal Analysis," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-14, CIRANO.
- repec:lan:wpaper:2926 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:3175 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Parent, 2001. "Incentive Pay in the United States: Its Determinants and Its Effects," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-04, CIRANO.
- Daniel Parent, 2001.
"The Effect of Pay-for-Performance Contracts on Wages,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Daniel Parent, 2009. "The effect of pay-for-performance contracts on wages," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 269-295, May.
- Bradley Ewing & Phanindra Wunnava, 2002. "The Trade-Off Between Supervision Cost and Performance-Based Pay: Does it Matter?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0232, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Bradley Ewing & Phanindra Wunnava, 2004. "The Trade-Off Between Supervision Cost and Performance Based Pay: Does Gender Matter?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 453-460, December.
- Chia-ying Liu & Juin-jen Chang, 2011. "Macroeconomic implications of a sharing compensation scheme in a model of endogenous growth," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 102(1), pages 57-75, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.