The nested logit model and representative consumer theory
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 50 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & de PALMA, André & THISSE, Jacques-François, .
"The CES is a discrete choice model?,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-764, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- ANDERSON, S. & de PALMA, A. & THISSE, J.-F., 1986.
"A representative consumer theory of the logit model,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1986043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Anderson, Simon Peter & de Palma, Andre & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1988. "A Representative Consumer Theory of the Logit Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(3), pages 461-66, August.
- ANDERSON, Simon & de PALMA, André & THISSE, Jacques-François, . "A representative consumer theory of the logit model," CORE Discussion Papers RP -805, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou, 1995. "Product Differentiation and Oligopoly in International Markets: The Case of the U.S. Automobile Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 891-951, July.
- Simon P. Anderson & André de Palma, 2003. "Market Performance With Multiproduct Firms," Virginia Economics Online Papers 357, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Sandström, Mikael, 1996. "Recreational Benefits from Improved Water Quality: A Random Utility Model of Swedish Seaside Recreation," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 121, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Paul Allanson & Catia Montagna, 1999.
"Multiproduct Firms and Market Structure: An Explorative Application to the Product Life Cycle,"
Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics
101, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Allanson, Paul & Montagna, Catia, 2005. "Multiproduct firms and market structure: An explorative application to the product life cycle," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(7-8), pages 587-597, September.
- Alain Carpentier & Elodie Letort, 2009. "Modeling acreage decisions within the multinomial Logit framework," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 200917, INRA UMR SMART.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Von Haefen, Roger, 1997.
"Welfare Measurement and Representative Consumer Theory,"
dp-97-32, Resources For the Future.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Von Haefen, Roger, 1997. "Welfare measurement and representative consumer theory," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 63-67, November.
- Smith, Kerry & Von Haefen, Roger, 1997. "Welfare Measurement and Representative Consumer Theory," Working Papers 97-07, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Fajgelbaum, Pablo & Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 2011.
"Income distribution, product quality, and international trade,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5843, The World Bank.
- Pablo Fajgelbaum & Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 2011. "Income Distribution, Product Quality, and International Trade," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(4), pages 721 - 765.
- Pablo D. Fajgelbaum & Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 2009. "Income Distribution, Product Quality, and International Trade," NBER Working Papers 15329, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peichl, Andreas, 2008.
"The Benefits of Linking CGE and Microsimulation Models: Evidence from a Flat Tax Analysis,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3715, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peichl, Andreas, 2008. "The benefits of linking CGE and Microsimulation Models - Evidence from a Flat Tax analysis," FiFo Discussion Papers - Finanzwissenschaftliche DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 08-6, University of Cologne, FiFo Institute for Public Economics.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank, 2005.
"Quantifying the effects from horizontal mergers in European competition policy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 669-691, December.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "Quantifying the Effects from Horizontal Mergers in European Competition Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2697, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Melo, Emerson, 2012. "A representative consumer theorem for discrete choice models in networked markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 862-865.
- Andreas Peichl, 2009.
"The benefits and problems of linking micro and macromodels - Evidence from a flat tax analysis,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 301-329, November.
- Andreas Peichl, 2009. "The Benefits and Problems of Linking Micro and Macro Models: Evidence from a Flat Tax Analysis," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 182, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- de Jong, A. & van Dijk, R. & Veld, C.H., 2001. "The Dividend and Share Repurchase Policies of Canadian Firms," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-88-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Carpentier, Alain & Letort, Elodie, 2008. "Modelling acreage decisions within the multinomial logit framework : profit functions and discrete choice models," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6234, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jong, A. de & Dijk, R. van & Veld, C.H., 2000. "The Dividend and Share Repurchase Policies of Canadian Firms: Empirical Evidence based on New Research Design," Discussion Paper 2000-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Peichl, Andreas, 2009. "Benefits and problems of linking micro and macro models - evidence from a flat tax analysis," ISER Working Paper Series 2009-02, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Mizuno, Toshihide, 2003. "On the existence of a unique price equilibrium for models of product differentiation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 761-793, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.