Okun's law, creation of money and the decomposition of the rate of unemployment
AbstractThe rate of unemployment in period t depends on GDP and inflation rate in period tÂ -Â 1. We then show that GDP is related to money creation, and subsequently that the rate of unemployment is a decreasing function of this creation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 102 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Creation of money Decomposition GDP Rate of unemployment;
Other versions of this item:
- Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard, 2006. "Okun's Law, Creation of Money and the Decomposition of the Rate of Unemployment," IRISS Working Paper Series 2006-08, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Stéphane Mussard & Bernard Philippe, 2006. "Okun’s Law, Creation of Money and the Decomposition of the Rate of Unemployment," Cahiers de recherche 06-20, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mussard, Stephane & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2006. "On multi-decomposition of the aggregate Malmquist productivity index," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 436-443, June.
- Kovács Ildikó & Marton Noémi & Patka Kinga & Páll Katalin, 2010. "The Determinats Of The Unemployment Rate - Empirical Evidence From Romania," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 277-282, December.
- Bernard Philippe & Stéphane Mussard, 2010.
"On the Links Between Unemployment Rate, Monetary Creation and the Value-added Sharing,"
Cahiers de recherche
10-05, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard, 2011. "On the links between unemployment rate, monetary creation and the value-added sharing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 767-774, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.