Weak sustainability and viable technologies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John M. Gowdy, 1997. "The Value of Biodiversity: Markets, Society, and Ecosystems," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 25-41.
- Victor, Peter A., 1991. "Indicators of sustainable development: some lessons from capital theory," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 191-213, December.
- Nordhaus, William D., 1993.
"Rolling the 'DICE': an optimal transition path for controlling greenhouse gases,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 27-50, March.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1992. "Rolling the 'Dice': An Optimal Transition Path for Controlling Greenhouse Gases," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1019, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Daly, Herman E., 1995. "On Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen's contributions to economics: an obituary essay," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 149-154, June.
- Pearce, David W. & Atkinson, Giles D., 1993. "Capital theory and the measurement of sustainable development: an indicator of "weak" sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 103-108, October.
- O'Hara, Sabine U., 1997. "Toward a sustaining production theory," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 141-154, February.
- Vatn Arild & Bromley Daniel W., 1994. "Choices without Prices without Apologies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 129-148, March.
- Martinez-Alier, J., 1995. "The environment as a luxury good or "too poor to be green"?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-10, April.
- Philippe DULBECCO & Pierre GARROUSTE, 2004.
"Théorie de la dynamique économique : une réévaluation de la tentative de Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen,"
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
2004011, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Philippe Dulbecco & Pierre Garrouste, 2004. "Théorie de la dynamique économique. Une réévaluation de la tentative de Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen," Recherches économiques de Louvain, De Boeck Université, vol. 70(1), pages 5-29.
- Chiesura, Anna & de Groot, Rudolf, 2003. "Critical natural capital: a socio-cultural perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2-3), pages 219-231, March.
- Ayres, Robert U., 2008. "Sustainability economics: Where do we stand?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 281-310, September.
- Mayumi, Kozo & Giampietro, Mario & Gowdy, John M., 1998. "Georgescu-Roegen/Daly versus Solow/Stiglitz Revisited," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 115-117, November.
- John M. Polimeni, 2004.
"Graduate Education in Ecological Economics,"
Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics
0421, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- O'Hara, Sabine, 1997. "A theory of production tasks, processes, and technical practices : Robert Scazzieri, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1993," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 371-375, August.
- Ayres, Robert U., 2004. "On the life cycle metaphor: where ecology and economics diverge," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 425-438, April.
- Hediger, Werner, 2000. "Sustainable development and social welfare," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 481-492, March.
- Michael Kosz, 1998. "Weak and strong sustainability indicators, and regional environmental resources," ERSA conference papers ersa98p19, European Regional Science Association.
- Garmendia, E. & Prellezo, R. & Murillas, A. & Escapa, M. & Gallastegui, M., 2010. "Weak and strong sustainability assessment in fisheries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 96-106, November.
- Odile Blanchard & Arnaud Buchs, 2014. "Teaching Sustainable Development Issues: An Assessment of the Learning Effectiveness of Gaming," Working Papers halshs-00946227, HAL.
- Venkatachalam, L., 2007. "Environmental economics and ecological economics: Where they can converge?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 550-558, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.