The anatomy of an informal financial market: Rosca participation in Taiwan
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 51 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Besley, T. & Coate, S. & Loury, G., 1990.
"The Economics Of Rotating Savings And Credit Associations,"
556, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen & Loury, Glenn, 1993. "The Economics of Rotating Savings and Credit Associations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 792-810, September.
- Timothy Besley & Stephen Coate & Glenn Loury, 1992. "The Economics of Rotating Savings and Credit Associations," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 24, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Besley, T. & Coate, S. & Loury, G., 1990. "The Economics Of Rotating Savings And Credit Associations," Papers 149, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Besley, T. & Coate, S. & Loury, G., 1992. "The economics of Rotating Savings and Credit Associations," Papers 157, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Christina H. Paxson, 1993.
"Saving, Growth, and Aging in Taiwan,"
NBER Working Papers
4330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen & Loury, Glenn, 1994. "Rotating Savings and Credit Associations, Credit Markets and Efficiency," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 701-19, October.
- Besley, Timothy & Levenson, Alec R, 1996.
"The Role of Informal Finance in Household Capital Accumulation: Evidence from Taiwan,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 39-59, January.
- Besley, T. & Levenson, A., 1993. "The Role of Informal Finance in Household Capital Accumulation: Evidence from Taiwan," Papers 171, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Karna Basu, 2011.
"Hyperbolic Discounting and the Sustainability of Rotational Savings Arrangements,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 143-71, November.
- Basu, Karna, 2008. "Hyperbolic discounting and the sustainability of rotational savings arrangements," MPRA Paper 20440, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthew Jowett, 2004. "Theoretical insights into the development of health insurance in low-income countries," Working Papers 188chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Ebrahim, M. Shahid, 2009.
"Can an Islamic model of housing finance cooperative elevate the economic status of the underprivileged?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 864-883, December.
- M. Shahid Ebrahim, 2008. "Can an Islamic Model of Housing Finance Cooperative Elevate the Economic Status of the Underprivileged?," Papers on Economics of Religion 08/04, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Tressel, Thierry, 2003. " Dual Financial Systems and Inequalities in Economic Development," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 223-57, June.
- Ahiabu, Stephen, 2006. "Inflation and the underground economy," MPRA Paper 763, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2006.
- Kan, Kamhon, 2000. "Informal capital sources and household investment: evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 209-232, June.
- Stefan Klonner, 2003. "Empirical Analysis of Rosca Auctions in a South Indian Village," Working Papers 854, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Karaivanov, Alexander, 2012. "Financial constraints and occupational choice in Thai villages," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 201-220.
- Stefan Klonner, 2000. "Rotating Savings and Credit Associations as Insurance," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1589, Econometric Society.
- Ambec, Stefan & Treich, Nicolas, 2007. "Roscas as financial agreements to cope with self-control problems," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 120-137, January.
- Anderson, Siwan & Baland, Jean-Marie & Moene, Karl Ove, 2009. "Enforcement in informal saving groups," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 14-23, September.
- Erlend Berg, 2011.
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/2011-16, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ambec, S. & Treich, N., 2003.
"Roscas as financial agreements to cope with social pressure,"
200301, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Stefan Ambec & Nicolas Treich, 2003. "Roscas as Financial Agreements to Cope with Social Pressure," CSEF Working Papers 103, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Han, Linghui & Hare, Denise, 2013. "The link between credit markets and self-employment choice among households in rural China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 52-64.
- Christy Chung Hevener, 2006. "Alternative financial vehicles: rotating savings and credit associations (ROSCAs)," Community Affairs Discussion Paper 06-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- N. S. Chiteji, 2002. "Promises kept: enforcement and the role of rotating savings and credit associations in an economy," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 393-411.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.