Robust estimation for panel count data with informative observation times
AbstractPanel count data usually occur in longitudinal follow-up studies that concern occurrence rates of certain recurrent events and their analysis involves two processes. One is the underlying recurrent event process of interest and the other is the observation process that controls observation times. In some situations, the two processes may be correlated and, for this, several estimation procedures have recently been developed (He et al., 2009; Huang et al., 2006; Sun et al., 2007b; Zhao and Tong, 2011). These methods, however, rely on some restrictive models or assumptions such as the Poisson assumption. In this work, a more general and robust estimation approach is proposed for regression analysis of panel count data with related observation times. The asymptotic properties of the resulting estimates are established and the numerical studies conducted indicate that the approach works well for practical situations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 57 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Informative observation process; Panel count data; Recurrent event process; Robust estimation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jianguo Sun, 2003. "A nonparametric test for panel count data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(1), pages 199-208, March.
- X. Joan Hu & Jianguo Sun & Lee-Jen Wei, 2003. "Regression Parameter Estimation from Panel Counts," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(1), pages 25-43.
- Ying Zhang, 2002. "A semiparametric pseudolikelihood estimation method for panel count data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(1), pages 39-48, March.
- Minggen Lu & Ying Zhang & Jian Huang, 2007. "Estimation of the mean function with panel count data using monotone polynomial splines," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 705-718.
- Sun, Jianguo & Sun, Liuquan & Liu, Dandan, 2007. "Regression Analysis of Longitudinal Data in the Presence of Informative Observation and Censoring Times," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 1397-1406, December.
- Lu, Minggen & Zhang, Ying & Huang, Jian, 2009. "Semiparametric Estimation Methods for Panel Count Data Using Monotone B-Splines," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1060-1070.
- D. Y. Lin & L. J. Wei & I. Yang & Z. Ying, 2000. "Semiparametric regression for the mean and rate functions of recurrent events," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(4), pages 711-730.
- J. Sun & L. J. Wei, 2000. "Regression analysis of panel count data with covariate-dependent observation and censoring times," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(2), pages 293-302.
- Ying Zhang, 2006. "Nonparametric k-sample tests with panel count data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(4), pages 777-790, December.
- Shalabh, 2011. "Nonparametric Statistical Inference," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(2), pages 508-509, 04.
- Chiung-Yu Huang & Mei-Cheng Wang & Ying Zhang, 2006. "Analysing panel count data with informative observation times," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(4), pages 763-775, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.