Additive models in censored regression
AbstractAdditive models in censored regression are considered. A randomly weighted version of the backfitting algorithm that allows for the nonparametric estimation of the effects of the covariates on the response is provided. Given the high computational cost involved, binning techniques are used to speed up the computation in the estimation and testing process. Simulation results and the application to real data reveal that the predictor obtained with the additive model performs well, and that it is a convenient alternative to the linear predictor when some nonlinear effects are expected.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 53 (2009)
Issue (Month): 9 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Belitz, Christiane & Lang, Stefan, 2008. "Simultaneous selection of variables and smoothing parameters in structured additive regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 61-81, September.
- Brezger, Andreas & Lang, Stefan, 2006. "Generalized structured additive regression based on Bayesian P-splines," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 967-991, February.
- Sperlich, Stefan & Tj stheim, Dag & Yang, Lijian, 2002.
"Nonparametric Estimation And Testing Of Interaction In Additive Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 197-251, April.
- Sperlich, Stefan & Tjøstheim, Dag & Yang, Lijian, 1998. "Nonparametric estimation and testing of interaction in additive models," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,14, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Ali Gannoun & Jér�Me Saracco & Ao Yuan & George E. Bonney, 2005. "Non-parametric Quantile Regression with Censored Data," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(4), pages 527-550.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521785167.
- Opsomer, Jan & Ruppert, David, 1997. "Fitting a Bivariate Additive Model by Local Polynomial Regression," Staff General Research Papers 1071, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Härdle, Wolfgang & Huet, Sylvie & Mammen, Enno & Sperlich, Stefan, 2001.
"Bootstrap Inference in Semiparametric Generalized Additive Models,"
Finance Working Papers
01-3, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- H rdle, Wolfgang & Huet, Sylvie & Mammen, Enno & Sperlich, Stefan, 2004. "Bootstrap Inference In Semiparametric Generalized Additive Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 265-300, April.
- Opsomer, Jean D., 2000. "Asymptotic Properties of Backfitting Estimators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 166-179, May.
- Simon N. Wood, 2003. "Thin plate regression splines," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 95-114.
- Juan Carlos Pardo-Fernández & Ingrid Van Keilegom, 2006. "Comparison of Regression Curves with Censored Responses," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(3), pages 409-434.
- Wensheng Guo, 2002. "Inference in smoothing spline analysis of variance," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 887-898.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521780506.
- Jens Perch Nielsen & Stefan Sperlich, 2005. "Smooth backfitting in practice," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(1), pages 43-61.
- Stute, W., 1993. "Consistent Estimation Under Random Censorship When Covariables Are Present," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 89-103, April.
- Zheng, Shurong, 2008. "Selection of components and degrees of smoothing via lasso in high dimensional nonparametric additive models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 164-175, September.
- Roca-Pardinas, Javier & Sperlich, Stefan, 2007. "Testing the link when the index is semiparametric--a comparative study," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 6565-6581, August.
- Efang Kong & Oliver Linton & Yingcun Xia, 2011.
"Global Bahadur representation for nonparametric censored regression quantiles and its applications,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP33/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Kong, Efang & Linton, Oliver & Xia, Yingcun, 2013. "Global Bahadur Representation For Nonparametric Censored Regression Quantiles And Its Applications," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(05), pages 941-968, October.
- Moral-Arce, Ignacio & Rodríguez-Póo, Juan M. & Sperlich, Stefan, 2011. "Low dimensional semiparametric estimation in a censored regression model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 118-129, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.