Low dimensional semiparametric estimation in a censored regression model
AbstractA new estimation procedure for a partial linear additive model with censored responses is proposed. To this aim, ideas of Lewbel and Linton [A. Lewbel, O. Linton, Nonparametric censored and truncated regression, Econometrica 70 (2002) 765-779] on censored model regression are combined with those of Kim et al. [W. Kim, O. Linton, N.W. Hengartner, A computationally efficient estimator for additive nonparametric regression with bootstrap confidence intervals, Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 8 (1999) 278-297] on marginal integration and those on average derivatives. This allows for dimension reduction, interpretability and -- depending on the context -- for weights yielding computationally attractive estimates. Asymptotic behavior is provided for all proposed estimators.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Natalie Neumeyer & Stefan Sperlich, 2006. "Comparison of Separable Components in Different Samples," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(3), pages 477-501.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000.
"Nonparametric Censored and Truncated Regression,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
439, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000. "Nonparametric Censored and Truncated Regression," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1237, Econometric Society.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000. "Nonparametric Censored and Truncated Regression," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2000/389, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Stefan Sperlich & Juan M. Rodr�guez-Póo & Ana I. Fernández, 2005. "Semiparametric three-step estimation methods for simultaneous equation systems," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(6), pages 699-721.
- Powell, James L & Stock, James H & Stoker, Thomas M, 1989. "Semiparametric Estimation of Index Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1403-30, November.
- Arthur Lewbel, 1999.
"Semiparametric Qualitative Response Model Estimation with Unknown Heteroskedasticity or Instrumental Variables,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
454, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 2000. "Semiparametric qualitative response model estimation with unknown heteroscedasticity or instrumental variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 145-177, July.
- Mitali Das & Whitney K. Newey & Francis Vella, 2003.
"Nonparametric Estimation of Sample Selection Models,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(1), pages 33-58, January.
- Mitali Das & Whitney K. Newey & Francis Vella, 2003. "Nonparametric Estimation of Sample Selection Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 33-58.
- Sperlich, Stefan & Tjøstheim, Dag & Yang, Lijian, 1998.
"Nonparametric estimation and testing of interaction in additive models,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1998,14, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Sperlich, Stefan & Tj stheim, Dag & Yang, Lijian, 2002. "Nonparametric Estimation And Testing Of Interaction In Additive Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 197-251, April.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Mora, Juan, .
"Nonparametric and Semiparametric Estimation with Discrete Regressors,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/2421, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Delgado, Miguel A & Mora, Juan, 1995. "Nonparametric and Semiparametric Estimation with Discrete Regressors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(6), pages 1477-84, November.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Mora, Juan, . "Nonparametric and semiparametric estimation with discrete regressors," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/3947, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- repec:wop:humbsf:1994-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moral, Ignacio & Rodriguez-Poo, Juan M., 2004. "An efficient marginal integration estimator of a semiparametric additive modelling," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 451-463, October.
- Burman, Prabir, 1990. "Estimation of generalized additive models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 230-255, February.
- Songnian Chen & Gordon B. Dahl & Shakeeb Khan, 2005. "Nonparametric Identification and Estimation of a Censored Location-Scale Regression Model," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 212-221, March.
- Xia, Yingcun & Härdle, Wolfgang, 2006. "Semi-parametric estimation of partially linear single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1162-1184, May.
- Qin, Gengsheng & Jing, Bing-Yi, 2001. "Censored Partial Linear Models and Empirical Likelihood," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 37-61, July.
- Xiaohong Chen & Oliver Linton & Ingrid Van Keilegom, 2003.
"Estimation of Semiparametric Models when the Criterion Function is not Smooth,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2003/450, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Xiaohong Chen & Oliver Linton & Ingrid Van Keilegom, 2003. "Estimation of Semiparametric Models when the Criterion Function Is Not Smooth," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1591-1608, 09.
- Xiaohong Chen & Oliver Linton & Ingred Van Keilegom, 2002. "Estimation of semiparametric models when the criterion function is not smooth," CeMMAP working papers CWP02/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Chunrong Ai & Xiaohong Chen, 2003. "Efficient Estimation of Models with Conditional Moment Restrictions Containing Unknown Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1795-1843, November.
- Hengartner, Nicolas W. & Sperlich, Stefan, 2005. "Rate optimal estimation with the integration method in the presence of many covariates," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 246-272, August.
- Chen, Songnian & Khan, Shakeeb, 2001. "Semiparametric Estimation Of A Partially Linear Censored Regression Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 567-590, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.