Cognitive moral development and auditor independence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Windsor, Carolyn A. & Ashkanasy, Neal M., 1995. "The effect of client management bargaining power, moral reasoning development, and belief in a just world on auditor independence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(7-8), pages 701-720.
- Pratt, Jamie & Beaulieu, Phil, 1992. "Organizational culture in public accounting: Size, technology, rank, and functional area," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 667-684, October.
- Ponemon, Lawrence A., 1992. "Ethical reasoning and selection-socialization in accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(3-4), pages 239-258.
- Fogarty, Timothy J., 1992. "Organizational socialization in accounting firms: A theoretical framework and agenda for future research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 129-149, February.
- Christian Prat Dit Hauret, 2003. "Presentation De La Theorie Du Developpement Moral Cognitif Et De Ses Apports Possibles Dans Les Etudes Sur L'Audit," Post-Print halshs-00582815, HAL.
- William E. Shafer & Richard S. Simmons, 2011. "Effects of organizational ethical culture on the ethical decisions of tax practitioners in mainland China," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(5), pages 647-668, June.
- Christian Prat dit Hauret, 2003. "Audit et développement moral cognitif," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 6(3), pages 117-136, September.
- Christian Prat Dit Hauret, 2002. "L'Independance Du Commissaire Aux Comptes : Une Analyse Empirique Basee Sur Des Composantes Psychologiques Du Comportement," Post-Print halshs-00584524, HAL.
- Stéphane TREBUCQ, 2005. "L'actionnaire minoritaire, le commissaire, l'avocat et le juge : histoire d'une fusion litigieuse," Economic History 0503021, EconWPA.
- Roberta Bampton & Christopher Cowton, 2013. "Taking Stock of Accounting Ethics Scholarship: A Review of the Journal Literature," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 549-563, May.
- Rafik Elias, 2006. "The Impact of Professional Commitment and Anticipatory Socialization on Accounting Studentsâ€™ Ethical Orientation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 83-90, September.
- Soraya Bel Haj Ali, 2011. "Les valeurs culturelles, l'indépendance et le développement moral cognitif : quel lien pour quel auditeur ?," Post-Print hal-00646460, HAL.
- Serge Évraert & Christian Prat dit Hauret, 2003. "La culture organisationnelle perçue des cabinets comptables français par les associés-dirigeants:essai de typologie," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 6(4), pages 5-24, December.
- Shafer, William E., 2008. "Ethical climate in Chinese CPA firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 825-835.
- William E. Shafer, 2009. "Ethical climate, organizational-professional conflict and organizational commitment: A study of Chinese auditors," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(7), pages 1087-1110, September.
- Natalia M. Mintchik & Timothy A. Farmer, 2009. "Associations Between Epistemological Beliefs and Moral Reasoning: Evidence from Accounting," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 84(2), pages 259-275, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.