Ethical reasoning and selection-socialization in accounting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 17 (1992)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roxas, Maria L. & Stoneback, Jane Y., 1997. "An investigation of the ethical decision-making process across varying cultures," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 503-535.
- Christian Prat dit Hauret, 2003. "Audit et développement moral cognitif," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 6(3), pages 117-136, September.
- Soraya Bel Haj Ali, 2011. "Les valeurs culturelles, l'indépendance et le développement moral cognitif : quel lien pour quel auditeur ?," Post-Print hal-00646460, HAL.
- Breda Sweeney & Don Arnold & Bernard Pierce, 2010. "The Impact of Perceived Ethical Culture of the Firm and Demographic Variables on Auditors’ Ethical Evaluation and Intention to Act Decisions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(4), pages 531-551, June.
- William E. Shafer, 2009. "Ethical climate, organizational-professional conflict and organizational commitment: A study of Chinese auditors," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(7), pages 1087-1110, September.
- Kevin M. Misiewicz, 2007. "The Normative Impact of CPA Firms, Professional Organizations, and State Boards on Accounting Ethics Education," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 15-21, January.
- William E. Shafer & Richard S. Simmons, 2011. "Effects of organizational ethical culture on the ethical decisions of tax practitioners in mainland China," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(5), pages 647-668, June.
- Christian Prat Dit Hauret, 2002. "L'Independance Du Commissaire Aux Comptes : Une Analyse Empirique Basee Sur Des Composantes Psychologiques Du Comportement," Post-Print halshs-00584524, HAL.
- Scofield, Stephen B. & Phillips, Thomas Jr. & Bailey, Charles D., 2004. "An empirical reanalysis of the selection-socialization hypothesis: a research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(5-6), pages 543-563.
- Sweeney, John T. & Roberts, Robin W., 1997. "Cognitive moral development and auditor independence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 337-352.
- Shafer, William E., 2008. "Ethical climate in Chinese CPA firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 825-835.
- Fogarty, Timothy J., 1996. "The imagery and reality of peer review in the U.S.: Insights from institutional theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 243-267.
- Christian Prat Dit Hauret, 2006. "Ethique et décisions d'audit : une analyse à travers le cadre conceptuel de Forsyth," Post-Print halshs-00548124, HAL.
- Jeffrey, Cynthia & Weatherholt, Nancy & Lo, Steven, 1996. "Ethical development, professional commitment and rule observance attitudes: A study of auditors in Taiwan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 365-379.
- George Izzo, 2000. "Cognitive Moral Development and Real Estate Practitioners," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(1), pages 179-188.
- Christian Prat Dit Hauret, 2003. "Presentation De La Theorie Du Developpement Moral Cognitif Et De Ses Apports Possibles Dans Les Etudes Sur L'Audit," Post-Print halshs-00582815, HAL.
- Damon Fleming & Chee Chow & Wenbing Su, 2010. "An Exploratory Study of Chinese Accounting Students’ and Auditors’ Audit-specific Ethical Reasoning," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 353-369, July.
- Brian Mayhew & Pamela Murphy, 2009. "The Impact of Ethics Education on Reporting Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 86(3), pages 397-416, May.
- Windsor, Carolyn A. & Ashkanasy, Neal M., 1995. "The effect of client management bargaining power, moral reasoning development, and belief in a just world on auditor independence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(7-8), pages 701-720.
- Serge Évraert & Christian Prat dit Hauret, 2003. "La culture organisationnelle perçue des cabinets comptables français par les associés-dirigeants:essai de typologie," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 6(4), pages 5-24, December.
- Stephen Conroy & Tisha Emerson & Frank Pons, 2010. "Ethical Attitudes of Accounting Practitioners: Are Rank and Ethical Attitudes Related?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 183-194, January.
- Tisha Emerson & Stephen Conroy & Charles Stanley, 2007. "Ethical Attitudes of Accountants: Recent Evidence from a Practitionersâ€™ Survey," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 71(1), pages 73-87, March.
- Philip Law, 2010. "CPAs' employment with former audit clients and auditor independence in the post-Enron era," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 240-258, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.