Induced innovation and land degradation: Results from a bioeconomic model of a village in West Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- von Braun, Joachim & Haen, Hartwig de & Blanken, Juergen, 1991. "Commercialization of agriculture under population pressure: effects on production, and nutrition in Rwanda," Research reports 85, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Smith, Joyotee, et al, 1994. "The Role of Technology in Agricultural Intensification: The Evolution of Maize Production in the Northern Guinea Savanna of Nigeria," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(3), pages 537-54, April.
- Stephens, Patience W. & Bos, Eduard & Vu, My T. & Bulatao, Rodolfo A., 1991. "Africa region population projections : 1990-91," Policy Research Working Paper Series 598, The World Bank.
- Gray, Leslie C. & Kevane, Michael, 2001. "Evolving Tenure Rights and Agricultural Intensification in Southwestern Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 573-587, April.
- Swamikannu, Nedumaran, 2009. "Inter-Temporal Impacts of Technological Interventions of Watershed Development Programme on Household Welfare, Soil Erosion and Nutrient Flow in Semi-Arid India: An Integrated Bioeconomic Modeling App," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50785, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Masters, William A., 2002.
"Investing in soils: field bunds and microcatchments in Burkina Faso,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 571-591, July.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Masters, William A., 2001. "Investing In Soils: Field Bunds And Microcatchments In Burkina Faso," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20483, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Affholder, François & Jourdain, Damien & Quang, Dang Dinh & Tuong, To Phuc & Morize, Marion & Ricome, Aymeric, 2010. "Constraints to farmers' adoption of direct-seeding mulch-based cropping systems: A farm scale modeling approach applied to the mountainous slopes of Vietnam," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 51-62, January.
- Berger, Thomas & Schreinemachers, Pepijn, 2006. "From Bioeconomic Farm Models to Multi-Agent Systems: Challenges for Parameterization and Validation," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25577, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Crawford, Eric W. & Jayne, Thomas S. & Kelly, Valerie A., 2005. "Alternative Approaches for Promoting Fertilizer Use in Africa, with Particular Reference to the Role of Fertilizer Subsidies," Staff Papers 11557, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Berkhout, E.D. & Schipper, R.A. & Van Keulen, H. & Coulibaly, O., 2011. "Heterogeneity in farmers' production decisions and its impact on soil nutrient use: Results and implications from northern Nigeria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 63-74, January.
- Vitale, Jeffrey D. & Lee, John G., 2005. "Land Degradation in the Sahel: An Application of Biophysical Modeling in the Optimal Control Setting," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19494, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kuiper, Marijke H. & Meijerink, Gerdien W. & Eaton, Derek J.F., 2006. "Rural Livelihoods: Interplay Between Farm Activities, Non-farm Activities and the Resource Base," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25442, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Upadhyay, T.P. & Solberg, Birger & Sankhayan, Prem L., 2006. "Use of models to analyse land-use changes, forest/soil degradation and carbon sequestration with special reference to Himalayan region: A review and analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 349-371, December.
- Seebens, Holger, 2008. "One size fits all? Female Headed Households, Income Risk, and Access to Resources," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43609, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Burger, Kees, 2005. "Transition to Sustainable Tropical Land Management," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24517, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Barbier, Bruno & Bergeron, Gilles, 2001. "Natural resource management in the hillsides of Honduras: bioeconomic modeling at the micro-watershed level," Research reports 123, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wiig, Henrik & Aune, Jens B. & Glomsrod, Solveig & Iversen, Vegard, 2001. "Structural adjustment and soil degradation in Tanzania: A CGE model approach with endogenous soil productivity," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 263-287, March.
- Ponsioen, Thomas C. & Hengsdijk, Huib & Wolf, Joost & van Ittersum, Martin K. & Rotter, Reimund P. & Son, Tran Thuc & Laborte, Alice G., 2006. "TechnoGIN, a tool for exploring and evaluating resource use efficiency of cropping systems in East and Southeast Asia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 80-100, January.
- Jules R Siedenburg, . "Local Knowledge and Natural Resource Management in a Peasant Farming Community Facing Rapid Change: A Critical Examination," QEH Working Papers qehwps166, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Alary, V. & Nefzaoui, A. & Jemaa, M. Ben, 2007. "Promoting the adoption of natural resource management technology in arid and semi-arid areas: Modelling the impact of spineless cactus in alley cropping in Central Tunisia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 573-585, May.
- Berger, Thomas & Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Woelcke, Johannes, 2006. "Multi-agent simulation for the targeting of development policies in less-favored areas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 28-43, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.