Earnings management and initial public offerings: Evidence from the Netherlands
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The International Journal of Accounting.
Volume (Year): 38 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Siew Hong Teoh & Ivo Welch & T.J. Wong, 1998. "Earnings Management and the Long-Run Market Performance of Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 1935-1974, December.
- Nicholas Barberis & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997.
"A Model of Investor Sentiment,"
NBER Working Papers
5926, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chaney, Paul K. & Lewis, Craig M., 1998. "Income smoothing and underperformance in initial public offerings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Ball, Ray & Kothari, S. P. & Robin, Ashok, 2000. "The effect of international institutional factors on properties of accounting earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-51, February.
- Habib, Michel A & Ljungqvist, Alexander P, 2001.
"Underpricing and Entrepreneurial Wealth Losses in IPOs: Theory and Evidence,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 433-58.
- Michel Habib & Alexander Ljungqvist, 1999. "Underpricing and Entrepreneurial Wealth Losses in IPOs: Theory and Evidence," OFRC Working Papers Series 1999fe03, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan & Shah, Kshitij, 1997. "Ownership and operating performance of companies that go public," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 281-307, June.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R. & Rydqvist, Kristian, 1994.
"Initial public offerings: International insights,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 2(2-3), pages 165-199, May.
- Kim, Moonchul & Ritter, Jay R., 1999. "Valuing IPOs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 409-437, September.
- Megginson, William L & Weiss, Kathleen A, 1991. " Venture Capitalist Certification in Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(3), pages 879-903, July.
- Dechow, Patricia M., 1994. "Accounting earnings and cash flows as measures of firm performance : The role of accounting accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Chaney, Paul K. & Lewis, Craig M., 1995. "Earnings management and firm valuation under asymmetric information," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 319-345, April.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Edilson Paulo & Paulo Roberto Nóbrega Cavalcante & Iana Izadora Souza Lapa de Melo, 2012. "Accounting information quality in public stock and bond offerings by brazilian public companies," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 9(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Hany Kamel & Said Elbanna, 2010. "Assessing the perceptions of the quality of reported earnings in Egypt," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 32-52, January.
- Chia-Ling Chao & Shwu-Min Horng, 2013. "Asset write-offs discretion and accruals management in Taiwan: the role of corporate governance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 41-74, January.
- Sarra Elleuch Hamza, 2008. "Les spécificités de la gestion des résultats des entreprises tunisiennes à travers une analyse qualitative," Post-Print halshs-00524887, HAL.
- Ahmad-Zaluki, Nurwati A. & Campbell, Kevin & Goodacre, Alan, 2011. "Earnings management in Malaysian IPOs: The East Asian crisis, ownership control, and post-IPO performance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 111-137, June.
- Mohamed Chabchoub & Mansour Mrabet, 2007. "Gestion Du Resultat Et Introduction En Bourse : Cas Des Entreprises Tunisiennes," Post-Print halshs-00544954, HAL.
- Aida Boudabbous Gassara & Ezzeddine Abaoub, 2007. "La Gestion Des Resultats Lors Des Introductions En Bourse Est Elle Informative ?," Post-Print halshs-00543206, HAL.
- van der Goot, Tjalling, 2003. "Risk, the quality of intermediaries and legal liability in The Netherlands IPO market," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 121-140, June.
- Zhe Shen & Jerry Coakley & Norvald Instefjord, 2014. "Earnings management and IPO anomalies in China," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 69-93, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.